GH: actor already gone (character from major fam)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would disagree, I think it is a perfect time to kill off Nikolas. 

First, it solidifies Victor as being so evil that he causes the death of his nephew in his pursuit of the Ice Princess, which has always been the Achilles heel of the Casadine family.

Second, it elevates Spencer as the new heir to Wyndemere, giving him the same story opportunities that TC's Nikolas had in his early 20s.

Third, if Ava has not signed the divorce papers by then, it sets up a natural conflict between Ava and Spencer, which will be an obstacle in his romance with Trina because her loyalties will be split.  Which may be why this divorce has been going on so long.

And forth, Esme's baby is another potential Cassadine heir, and provides her with a base of power and wealth.

As much as it would be terrible for Laura to loose another child, I think they've properly set up Nikolas to be killed off.  In fact, I think its been foreshadowed ever since Esme fell off the parapet.

Edited by j swift

• Members

https://deadline.com/2022/12/marcus-coloma-did-not-film-final-general-hospital-scenes-due-to-health-issues-1235207447/

This seems to be saying MC wasn't fired, but he had "fulfilled" his three-year contract.  That seems to be a roundabout way of saying the show chose not to renew his contract.

Regarding him not filming his final scenes:
Quoting the article:
Deadline has now learned that Coloma and ABC came to an agreement “that he should not film the remaining few days of the year” following “health issues with his recent Covid exposure” that had kept him away from the soap set recently.
End quote.

• Webmaster

He said in that post he got Covid in October. He returned on-screen a week after that article was published. His final scenes would have been taped this month. Per the statement, he had “health issues with his recent Covid exposure,” so it sounds like there were contined issues from when he last got it, which IMO, coincides with the SOD matter.