DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yabbut, it is true that they've written it that the women did not want the men to tell the kids! It's like pod writing, when you don't let these people know what is happening with those people. Christopher Goutman made an art of it at the end of ATWT. I think Ron must've studied it!

• Members

This threesome plot point is so tired. While it's a first for a daytime soap, it's not interesting. This grouping is a well worn straight male fantasy and I'm sure the white straight men who run streaming and Days (Ken) easily signed off. Let's see if Ron gets approval to have three men threesome or two bi men/one woman threesome.  My guess is it ain't going to happen for a long time.  This particular plot is also hamstrung by RSW playing Alex which is beyond dumb as reformed Ben was shoved down our throats for years and the minimal acting skills of both females in the plot.  Not to mention that Ally's character is so ill defined and uninteresting.

• Members

"Never Been Done Before" reeks of late 90's Guiding Light James Harmon Brown / Barbara Esensten era. 

I don't mind the threesome, but it seemed misplaced and out of character for Ali. The only person it felt organic to was newbie horndog Alex. 

I swear though, if they saddle one or both with a baby and then abort it, as some sort of liberal checklist to stir up the conservative crowd.... just no.

• Members

I see they pulled an Abby's different hairstyle (from Knots Landing) with Gabi's lipstick and expected us not to notice 

Please register in order to view this content

I kind of liked EJ vs. Li today. It was pretty good, and I didn't expect Li to reveal to anyone so quickly that he'd be willing to drop Gabi in order to stay on at Dimera.

As for Johnny and Wendy, I'm not sure yet if there's chemistry. I need to see more scenes of them. Sometimes you can see chemistry right at the beginning, sometimes you can't.

And as for Alex, maybe it's already time for a recast. RSW does not have the acting capabilities to play a romantic lead/hero and all the prop writing in the world wouldn't be able to fix that. Just because it worked with Paul Telfer doesn't mean it's going to work here. How can you root for a character if they always come off as so unpleasant and scummy, even when they're trying to be good and decent?

Sounds like more biphobic writing from RC

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

The only part of it that made sense to me was Allie getting it in her head that her beloved Chanel was missing something, was doing without something & that she had the power to see that Chanel got that. If not that, then I just fall back on thinking that they are writing the both of them against type, out of character, and back to the first week of Alex when his entire introduction seemed to be blatant straight male fantasy. To me, these are the choices. What would have been great would've been for Allie to make the offer & Chanel to decline. If someone's gonna be pregnant it better be Alex, having an hysterical pregnancy! There's only so much they can put on the backs of these two girls!

• Members

So much of this is spot on. It IS a well-worn straight male fantasy, and as written it is NOT interesting, and it is NOT organic to these characters/plot.

It makes NO SENSE that a couple married 3 months ago ALREADY needs someone else to spice up their sex lives. It's just ridiculous. RSW was chosen because...well, you all know why. Still, I can't blame him for any of this. In my eyes, it's wrong to blame any one actor for plotting that's a disaster.

And no, it's not enough that this threesome is in some ways "groundbreaking." I care more about good soap that watching scenes that make me say "Never before in daytime!!!" And look at those morning-after scenes -- the dialogue among the three of them was just terrible and unrealistic.

You're right, too, about a threesome with 2 or 3 men, except I don't believe "it ain't going to happen for a long time." I don't think it's ever going to happen, period. It's more likely we'll get a farce with Sonny having sex with goofy and annoying as hell Leo.

• Members

Makes no sense & I do not think anyone made a case for it being what was going on. Nothing Allie said, nothing Chanel said, etc. smacked of that at all. I think that is strictly audience reading something in that's not there. And I said I wouldn't split hairs but isn't it 2 months? July 29th, at any rate.

• Members

Well, it came from Allie & it seemed to me to be nothing but insecurity & to come out of her head. Talking to herself she seemed to be getting preoccupied with the idea that Chanel was not satisfied & that she wasn't because she wasn't getting something that she was used to having. When she brought it up to Chanel she said, that no, she was quite happy, fulfilled, liking it being the two of them, enjoying being a couple & all that that meant. That's why I say this came out of the top of Allie's head! We've been told before that Allie is the one who is going to be insecure. But, Allie's also persistent & impulsive. After living with this idea for a [gasp] DAY, she broached the subject to Chanel as something she wanted them to do. If you ask me, Allie made her first adult mistake, but, maybe they will work it out & learn from it. Because Chanel was insisting, still that she wasn't lacking for anything. No other case for the "project" was floated.