Pop vs Soda vs Coke

crc

• Members

Im from BC and we all say Pop there. Now in Northwest Washington we say Pop here aswell.

Have only been places that say pop, except in Hawaii where they use Soda.

Also WTF is with people calling "Soda" or "Pop" coke?

HUH??? I use "Coke" when I want an ACTUAL coke. When I want a Sprite or 7-Up (or Rootbeer or Ginger Ale or Mountain Dew) I don't say can I have a "Coke".

Also I make the distinction between "Pepsi" and "Coke". I don't ask for a Pepsi by saying Coke.

Must be a southern thing I guess to use the word "Coke" to reference all kinds of "Soda" or "Pop".

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I go to a restuarant and if I wanted a Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper I would say so, and even if I want a Pepsi I ask for Pepsi, but when my mom goes to the store I ask her to get "coke" and she knows what that means. I guess everyone has their own way....

• Members

:lol:

I'm wondering, how do you differentiate between "coke" and "coke"? And I'm not talking about the carbonated stuff that comes in a can or a bottle...not that I would know anything about that. But still... :lol:

• Members

Coca-Cola used to be made originally with cocaine because pre-1930s, cocaine was used as a type of medicine. I remember reading that Freud was actually a coke addict because he used it all the time to relieve pain.

Isn't there some secret ingredient that Coca-Cola puts in their sodas? I can definitely taste a difference between Coke and Pepsi, but it's because I'm a big diet Coke person and that's all I drink anyway (plus, my campus only offers Coke, not Pepsi), so whenever I have to have diet Pepsi, I can taste the difference.

Also, wasn't there a rumour that Coca-Cola actually owns Pepsi?? That must be an urban legend though. It's kind of like about how the KKK owns Blow-pops. :blink:

• Members

I dont think what I said came off right, LOL. I was referring to the map how coke and pop looked like the same exact color used on the map. After reading my post over by reading that it seems like I said in real life there isnt a difference in pop or coke(color wise), which is ridiculous and funny all at the same time.

• Members

My family calls it Sodapop when we are at home or at the store, In a restuarant you just call it by it's name (Coke, Pibb, RC etc)

If you tell a waitress at any WV diner you want a 'muddy water' they know what it is. It may be a hillbilly thing, but it's when you mix Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, 7-up together. Talk about a caffeine overload.

• Members

Yeah I am really color blind, and so is my brother. We mix up red and green(and to a lesser extent blue and purple) all the time, when we found out in high school after an eye exam people at school would ask us do you see just black and white, or what color is this, what color is that person wearing? Its kinda unique being color blind.

Archived