Pop vs Soda vs Coke

crc

• Members

Here's a website that has a map distribution showing where pop, soda, coke, or other terms would be used in reference to carbonated drinks. Apparently, someone did some research on it. LOL! This might be of particular interest to those that posted in the 3D art thread.

http://www.popvssoda.com/

By the way, I live in Muncie, IN and I use "pop."

"I'm gonna grab me a Mountain Dew from the pop machine."

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm originally from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and we always said *pop*, but now I live in Wisconsin and most people say *soda*. So I say both.

And if I'm at a restaurant ordering a drink, I just always say I'd like a *coke* regardless of if they have coke or pepsi.

• Members

This topic is alllways interesting to me, for some reason.

I grew up in New York, and I didn't know people said anything OTHER than "soda"! When I was 10, we moved to Seattle, and I was shocked that they called it "pop." I never made the transition. Too weird for me!

• Members

Ooops! Sorry. The web address has been added to my original post. I was trying to hurry and get off to watch Letterman, I forgot to post it. Silly me!

Here it is again:

http://www.popvssoda.com/

While your there, check out the "View the Pop vs Soad Statistics" link and look at "other" terms people use to refer to a soft drink for each state. LOL!

• Members

I am color blind so to me coke and pop look exactly the same. Only for a few seconds I can tell the difference and then it all blends together as one color, its weird how color blindness can be.

• Members

The same thing happens to my boyfriend. He always gets the hiccups when he drinks it.

According to that site 79% of my county says pop. I actually say both pop and soda.

That site also lists "other" Does anyone else know any other names for pop/soda/coke?

When i went to school in Lincoln, it was a pepsi campus and you could not find a coke anywhere! lol and i'm a coke person.

Archived