Anne Heche hospitalized with severe burns from car accident

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The recovery news is not good today.

I've not seen any comment from the podcasters that were drinking with her prior to the incident.  Has anyone else?

https://pagesix.com/2022/08/08/anne-heche-in-critical-condition-in-a-coma-following-car-crash/

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Anne Heche’s condition is far graver than it appeared over the weekend, a rep for the Emmy-nominated actor told Deadline.

“At this time Anne is in extreme critical condition. She has a significant pulmonary injury requiring mechanical ventilation and burns that require surgical intervention,” the rep said in a statement. “She is in a coma and has not regained consciousness since shortly after the accident.

https://deadline.com/2022/08/anne-heche-in-extremely-critical-condition-remains-in-a-coma-following-fiery-car-crash-1235087666/

• Members

There’s a lot of confusion among media outlets, it seems. Hopefully Heche will regain consciousness and recover. Is the investigation still ongoing? Until Heche regains consciousness, the investigation will likely be limited.

There were reports that the woman whose house caught on fire after Heche crashed into it was hospitalized. Is this still the case? Was she badly injured?

• Members

What a tragedy, for all involved.

I knew how rocky a history Anne Heche had had, but as her career waxed and waned in recent years and she seemed outwardly more functional (if still very, very eccentric) I always held out the nugget of an idea of having her recur in a key role as a heavy on a soap, which I won't go into specifics on here; her career had taken enough hits that it seemed viable (though she's not just getting marginal work - she should be seen in The Weeknd's show on HBO soon, presumably after she passes). And Heche was always proud of her soap roots, AFAIK. I thought maybe she, like so many others, could always come home and do good work. She never stopped being talented. It's just sad that wasn't enough.

Edited by Vee

• Members

This makes me ache. I was already looking forward to her triumphant interview of redemption on the other side of this. Anne has suffered so much from a very early age and it’s heartbreaking and infuriating to see how the effects of childhood abuse can be utterly inescapable. I wish Anne and her family and friends, as well as the victims of the accident, peace and healing. This is rough.

• Members

This is very sad. Whether she refused help or didn’t get adequate intervention, she didn’t receive/take the help she obviously needed. May there be a way for her son and the rest of her family to be comforted during what must be such a painful period of loss.
There were reports that there were narcotics in her system. You just hate to see the loss of a life come down to this. Hopefully, at the very least, the woman who was injured in the house wreck will survive and be made whole somehow, so there won’t be another tragedy on top of tragedy.

• Members

Such a tragedy with Anne Heche that I really don't know what to say. I hope all unfortunately involved may find healness, comfort, and serenity. Again, looking at that crash, it's horrific to look at with smoke coming out from the rooftop. For the victim(s) involved, I can't even imagine the trauma. Oh my goodness,