Anne Heche hospitalized with severe burns from car accident

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Anne Heche features prominently in this episode but the main reason why I'm posting it because it's a fabulously fun episode. It fun because the women in this episode is so wonderfully varied and diverse. Every one of them have their own individual voice. They can be witty, bitchy, insightful but more importantly each lady has her own since of intelligence. These are not stupid women.  This was back in the day when strong dialogue and strong acting can make a pretty much throw-a-way episode very enjoyable to watch. I miss AW!

• Members

May Anne Heche rest in peace. As others have indicated, she was certainly the best Vicky and Marley AW ever had. She gave AW a much-needed shot in the arm after that soap had so many missteps in 1985, 1986, and the first half of 1987. And the show was never the same after she departed in 1991.

This has been a very tough year when it has come to deaths of soap stars. Though the circumstances of her death were very different, I was also tremendously saddened when the great Kathryn Hays passed away earlier this year.

Edited by Max

• Members

Marlena de la Croix once mentioned a Robin Strasser quote about "the arena" (scenes Robin would share with Erika Slezak). I keep thinking about that with Anne on AW because she truly commanded the screen in a way that challenged her co-stars. The best were those who sparked with her - those who did not would be left in the dust. I remember so many wonderful moments with Paul Michael Valley, Anna Stuart, Tom Eplin, and of course opposite herself, a feat only the late, great David Canary managed as well as Anne. I remember fleeting relationships that were so unique for soaps, like her friends with benefits bond with Evan, enlivened by the sparks and easy bond between Anne and Charles Grant. Most of all I remember how every episode with Anne had a spark, how every scene with Anne crackled with life and vitality. She was everything that soaps should have been and everything many in  and out of the industry who shamed it never accepted that it should be. 

I don't mean to just focus on a role she left in 1991, it's just hard to think about the abuse she suffered as a child, or the vile way the press treated her when she was with Ellen. Sometimes when I see old Mad TV or SNL episodes again I'm reminded of just how ugly the national conversation was and how strong she was to even get past that period of time. 

She had a life full of pain, but I don't think that's how she would want to be remembered. Her work will continue to stand the test of time. 

• Members

Man, I did not recognize Joanna Going who I loved on Dark Shadows 1991 and loved seeing in countless movies for years after. She's still beautiful but she changed her look really fast.

I did not know about much of her voice work. Anne made a great Lois Lane.