Y&R May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, it's a natural question, isn't it?  Especially when the storyline in question involves one of your show's leading heroine attacking people in the middle of the night while zonked out on over-the-counter sleep medication.  ("Where do you intend to go with this, Dena?")

• Members

Why is this show allergic to scoring scenes?! Every other soap still does but this trash bag of a program thinks all scenes should be silent or have that lame twinkly music they use at the end of every episode!

• Members

Yes.

Has she explained why she chose this particular moment to reveal herself when she has had years to do so?

It might have been better had she been in cahoots/linked  with someone.

Maybe Matt Miller let's the Newmans know he's tied the knot. Dee is a wonderful lady etc.

'Bring her to town' proclaims Victor. All the family assemble and in walks Diane...

• Members

As Victor is propped in a chair

Diane: I’m surprised it took you this long to show up. Maybe you’re slowing down a bit.

Victor: I’m as fast as I’ve always been. 

Diane: Threatening helpless women? That’s really not your style. Or is that you’ve become these days — a common thug?

Victor: Hmm. I would never threaten a helpless creature of any kind, you know? But when someone as venomous and potentially evil as you comes across my path, all bets are off.

Diane are you forgetting Victor through you out of a moving vehicle?

• Errol pinned this topic
  • Members

At least things are FINALLY happening on this show again. Diane's return has proven to reinvigorate the show in a way I didn't expect. They need to invest in Susan Walters long-term.

I still have no interest in who is running what company. I don't understand why the writers think revolving jobs at ill-defined corporations is interesting for the viewer. It was different back in the day with Jabot. We saw people at work in their offices, things HAPPENED at the office, and it tied a lot of characters together. I don't give a flip about who's the new CEO for Chance Com-Newman-Winters-Hamilton. What do these companies even do???

• Errol featured this topic
  • Members

When is Ashland finally going to meet Diane?

Grossman’s Adam has finally found some fresh air with being paired with Hope’s Sally but the writing just never does any favors. I recall Justin Hartley’s Adam found himself in the same predicament. It’s a shame any character growth always gets stunted by catering to egos. 

It’s interesting that the show today took some strive to resolve a dangling story plot from SSM days five years ago in regards to the sex trafficking story by saying Rey had secretly solved the case. It’s an interesting touch and a reminder that the shots being called these days aren’t necessarily from JG or Morina lol