Actors who could/should have played other characters on their show.

• Members

In 1988 (?), Y&R hired Brenda Epperson to play Ashley Abbott immediately following the departure of Eileen Davidson.  At almost the same time, Jabot's books were being audited by George Rawlins's bossy, assertive, sarcastic niece Brittany Norman, played by Melissa Morgan.  Although Brenda Epperson LOOKED like Ashley, Melissa Morgan was imbued with more of Ashley's personality.  At the time, I felt that those two actresses should've swapped roles.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

i get what you're saying but Melisa Morgan physically didn't work as Ashley for me - maybe with blonde hair?

How about Nina Areveson as Ashley and Brenda as Cassandra?

Another thought I had was Lauren Koslow as Jill. She did replace Deb Adair on Days and I could see her as Jill.

• Members

Another World

Philece Sampler would have been better as Nicole Love than Donna.

Laurence Lau gives me more of a Dennis Carrington/Wheeler vibe than Jamie Frame.

Days

For the umpteenth time

Deidre Hall as Sandy Horton

Richard Guthrie as Steve Olsen

• Members

How about Joe Gallison playing Tommy Horton and Neil's stories be given to Tommy?

Joe was 7 years younger than John Lupton but it could have worked. A few tweaks to the story and Tommy would be a major story rather than an also ran.

Neil's stories and romances were always apart from the Hortons so things wouldn't get tangled .

Of course in later years the marriage to Marie would have to be nixed.

The surrogate story could be Tommy wanting to give his brother Mickey the child he could never have and had lost with Mike.

• 2 months later...