Actors who could/should have played other characters on their show.

• Members

I didn't find JT to be somber on GH, but I do think he's an odd fit for Billy.  He honestly had more Billy "characteristics" as Patrick than he does actually playing Billy if that makes sense.

I think you brought up Deidre Hall as Sanday Horton a few months ago.   I have heard that a ton and the point is valid, but if DH's character was a Horton the show would have really been boxed in with everyone being related to one another.  I think it seemed like a silly move at the time because making Marlena Sandy was obvious, but for the future of the show it actually helped that Marlena wasn't related to anyone.  As it is, Claire is related to literally everyone her age on the show.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

While Robin Strasser could have played Erica Kane throughout the seventies into the early nineties, or Rachel Davis indefinitely, Susan Lucci never could have played Dorian Lord or Rachel. Victoria Wyndham could have served a delicious Dorian, but never an Erica. I would love to see Wyndham and Slezak opposite one another.

• Members

Donald Cryer, the father of actor Jon Cryer, played two villains on As The World Turns. The first appearance he displayed such great chemistry with Eileen Fulton that, looking back, in later years, I had always hoped the show would bring him back, but as a different character that would be a love interest for Lisa, who was still full of vigor at that time. Unfortunately, the show demonstrated that they had no use for Lisa.

• Members

Guiding Light

Teri Keane as Trudy Bauer rather than Lainie. A true connection to the past rather than a retcon relative. Trudy could have had children in the decades away. Maybe as a single mom, hence then having the Bauer name.

Edited by Paul Raven