General Hospital March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's fair lol.  GH did that Days thing where they want to just keep a character/actor and just extend their stories beyond the character's clear shelf life.  Nelle embodies this as did Peter lol.

The Nelle stuff reminds me of Sam's past life where she married and conned about 7 different men, but arrived in PC at about 24 years old.  It will never line up.

• Members

I think the recast may be superior. I had an inkling on Friday and that is rapidly solidifying. Whether she can keep the energy up or she gets turned into backburner fodder like poor Gia #2 (remember her?), we'll see.

• Members

Gia #2 was backbuned from her first apperance and the actress was a step down from Marissa Ramierz.

I agree that Tabyana is excellent & hopefully GH knows they have another pro on their hands

As soon as Trina learned that Esme could be Preganant, she made the right move by telling Spencer bye. She doesnt need Esme in her life. 

Im sure Sprina will still be a thing but its all on Spencer now as it should be

• Members

Gia #2 (Andrea Pearson) actually was a good actress, just woefully miscast as Gia.  She could have worked in a different role like a Ward relative.  I do remember thinking it was a shame because she wasn't bad-she was just so wrong in the role and had no chemistry with the actors she should.

TA doesn't have that problem.  She seems to at least fit the idea of Trina.

• Members

You can practically feel the chemistry between nuTrina and Spencer. I’m looking forward to everything that’s in store for them. 

And agreed that AP plays the mean, psycho bitch really well, even better than Chloe Lanier, IMO 

And, on a personal note, I hope they use the handsome new cop more effectively

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It did seem off brand for MR's Gia because being a model was her dream.  It would be like Brenda becoming a lawyer lol.  I think something with Zander/Nik? or something sparked Gia's interest in the law and I do believe she gave up her modeling career because of Nik as well.  Anyhow, it was clear the show wanted to get rid of the character after AP took over the role.  Weren't they still in talks with MR and trying to work it out for awhile?  

• Members

Same.  Her brother is a cop, so it sorta works.

Anyway, I want to say MR left for a primetime show and it was quickly cancelled and the show went back and tried to get her again, but I don't think she was interested or only interested in recurring.  I remember reading a SOD article or something about it.  I could be wrong and SOD lies, but Gia was practically recurring (or maybe was?) toward the end of AP's run.

• Members

She was basically recurring. She only turned up occasionally to fūck Zander (literally, every member of that teen scene ended up hooking up even when it made no sense) and primp Emily for her wedding, and they had been far from friends. I don't remember any TC Nikolas scenes with her, and I was waiting for them. I'm sure a couple exist. As a Nikolas/Gia fan I was not happy about that entire experience.

• Members

Did Gia and Lucky ever hook up?  I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was yes, but I can't recall.   I don't remember a single Gia/TC Nik scene, but I am sure they said goodbye when she left town at least.

I think AP dated or was engaged to Ted King for awhile.  The internet is not backing me up on this, but I am almost positive they were a couple.  Gia/Alcazar isn't the worst idea...

• Members

No, but they should've. AP's Gia orbited Zander and Emily during the Nik/Em/Zander triangle, and I suspect she did share at least a scene or two with Tyler. I think I've seen one or two on YT, but I can't find 'em. I always wanted that revisited, though it is 100% correct Pearson was miscast.

I'm not sure Gia got an onscreen exit.

Edited by Vee