General Hospital March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

That makes sense.  I just think GH sits on an embarrassment of riches as far as cast and does nothing.  No beats are played, no reveals are good, and everything just fizzles out.  Unlike Days where the ideas are batshit, GH has a lot of good ideas-they just never workout the way they should.

I have no idea why Ava/Carly/Nina/Liz/Sam are all friendly.  Carly and Sam chitchatting about Carly's marriage was bizarre.  And when Carly explained she caught Nina in bed with Sonny the show didn't make the obvious correlation to the same thing happening with Sam/Sonny lol.  

I don't think I would have liked that because Dustin was such a non-entity of a character, but at least it would be something interesting.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hot take (but what I suspected from Day 1): This girl's better than SM, at least technically. And she and Chavez do have chemistry.

We'll see if they end up actually getting them together or if Frank spins Spencer off to Joss, lol.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Esme is a fine villain and Avery Pohl is pretty good. But it is sheer clownery that every adult on this show is already preoccupied with and bamboozled by the machinations of a teenage girl. Sonny, Carly, etc. should not be regularly involving themselves with Esme at this point. Sonny is gonna throw his weight around and have her abducted while Esme is continuing on this show? How is that gonna make Sonny look? If Esme had already secured the bag by landing Nikolas as his mistress or something that would be one thing, because then she has a public place at the grown-ups' table. This all just makes the older folks look stupid.

This isn't the first time GH has done this with a character who should not be on every adult bigwig's radar right now.

• Members

I think it was a mistake openly tying her to the town supervillain so soon. Because then it immediately becomes, 'oh, we have to bring in the adults to deal with this existential threat in this story!' And we know she's not going anywhere for a good while.

No one in PC knows Esme has any connection to Ryan at this moment in time; in the eyes of the public, she is a spoiled teenaged socialite up to chicanery with kids her own age. Every major GH player having to get involved and then struggle to deal with her doesn't make sense. Narratively, they should at least have the backdrop of a powerful family lurking in the shadows that supposedly can smack some of these people down, so they think they can't touch her in some way. Or better yet, not involve Sonny, Carly, etc. at all yet to stand around looking impotent at this juncture. Fans get all in their feelings about scenes where Sonny drags Esme into his office - we know he's not gonna do shít to her! So mob king Sonny drags an 18(?) yo into his place of business, and lets her go with 'watch it!' Come on!

If and when Esme sleeps with Nikolas, becomes his sidepiece and/or is believed to carry the Cassadine heir, then she has a seat at the table where she moves up into the adult sphere of trouble. But all this public mess over some teenage stuff is unnecessary at this point. And it makes the lead adults look weak.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I can't get over Esme being Nelle lite basically.  I know their schemes are different and the show is even acknowledging it, but both actresses look similar and have the same energy.  I think AP is good.  It's just the fact that they are basically the same type of villian.