General Hospital March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't actively mind Carly/Sam being friends, it's just weird we really never got from point A to B with them.  They hated each other then are bffs.  I know there was a time they tolerated each other, but it seems like a weird jump to make them so friendly.  I think Liz/Sam did get some writing to at least build that bridge to tolerance and reluctant friendship.  I am not going to lie, I don't really care about Nina or Ava, so I can't speak on their interactions.

Agreed

• Members

Carly and Sam, I understood them finding common cause when Sam first lost Jason. She was a single mother who'd lost her husband to the mob and was trying to break from that life; she finally had some reason to identify to who Carly was at that time, in the early 2010s. But becoming super friendly, never. And any time Sam and Liz try it out, Jason or Drew comes between them. Yes, they all have to coexist because of the children/families in the mix, and Sam and Carly can have an uneasy friendliness or cordiality, but that should be it.

Ava has been Nina's obsession for years going back to the 1990s when she stole her husband. Nina awoke with a deranged lust for vengeance and went so far as to violate her and attempt to steal her baby in a series of pretty grueling scenes when Ava first gave birth to Avery. I just can't buy that Ava would ever let that woman near her again.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I am continuing to enjoy the new Trina and her take on the role. I also think that Rory is cute and he seems like he likes Trina. He seems like he's a nice guy and a romance between him and Trina could be interesting. I could see them having chemistry. If the show does something with them, I hope they keep him as a nice guy. It would be interesting watching Trina balance her feelings for him and Spencer who is still struggling with things and has got some bad stuff going on. 

Speaking of Spencer he appears to be softening towards Esme now that he thinks she may be pregnant with his child. I had thought maybe he didn't really believe that Trina was guilty and that he was putting on a show in front of Rory. But it seems like he might actually think that and/or he's blinded by his feelings about Esme possibly being pregnant with his child. Like Trina mentioned yesterday, when she mentioned he needed to see the best in Esme right now. I believe he could have/should have been written to both believe Trina, but still show some concern for Esme because he thinks she's pregnant with his baby. Not being completely fooled by Esme (if that is what is really happening and he's not pretending to doubt Trina.)

• Members

I think it's just a laziness with the writing.  They all live in the same sphere so I can see how they'd be friendly or cordial, but it's weird the show won't do an endless, lifetime feud ala Brenda/Carly.  It takes out a lot of drama in the interactions.  It makes them all so boring.

And I thought Maxie/Sam were good buddies.  They didn't even acknowledge each other today.  Actually, Maxie was pointless in this episode.  She barely even spoke lol.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I just find it a bizarre situation.  There are so many things you can do with these women-and they just don't.  I know they are basically treading water and not trying to upset the network or whatever, but it's so anti-climatic It's almost worse than Days doing stupid stories.  At least they are trying something.  GH is just actively not trying to be creative.

• Members

I think some stories and characters at least have the sparks of some life to them, unlike most of Y&R. I wouldn't be watching atm at all if I didn't see some things I liked, unlike most of the last six years. I think the writers in place aren't terrible at times, and would like to do more. I think they're actively kept down by both FV's priorities and the network. There's a lot of potential, but so much of it is stifled by the same middle of the road monotony as Y&R - and Frank's own preferences.