Guiding light alum joins YR

• Members

I don't see a reason to keep Heinle onscreen. Like Ordway, the show and network have tried everything to make her work and justify their endless investment in the actor, and it doesn't work. It will never work. And the brief time when it did work for a certain segment of their audience, with Billy Miller, is long gone. Just write Victoria out for however many years as it takes to find someone else or somehow lure Heather Tom back with cheese like a mouse or something.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OMG! I love you. Zoe Lucker is a GODDESS!

woman-mad-face.gif

However, would Y&R even write for this force-of-nature diva? This is a show which features the insomnia-curing Amelia Heinle around the clock, front-and-center.

Also, I remember back to the charismatic, glorious Maura West's time on Y&R and....

Please register in order to view this content

Y&R has no clue what to do with an actor who would give the show's status quo a much-needed kick in the ass.

• Members

Better yet...? 

Building off @Darn's suggestion: Victoria discovers Ashland and Nikki in bed together.  After a bitter confrontation with her husband and mother, Victoria runs off.  However, she's so overcome by the image of Ashland and Nikki together, she loses control of her car and crashes.  (Whether the crash was deliberate on her part could be left up to the audience to debate.)

At the hospital, a non-responsive Victoria is placed on a respirator, as her family and friends are informed about the accident.  Eventually, everyone is informed that Victoria is brain-dead (shut up!) and not likely to breathe on her own again.  Nikki begs Ashland not to turn off the respirator; however, Ashland believes Victoria wouldn't want to be kept in such condition for the rest of her life.  He agrees to have the machines turned off; they are; Victoria doesn't breathe on her own; she's pronounced dead.

Afterwards, Ashland and Nikki run into each other at the hospital chapel.  Both are feeling extremely guilty over how their actions have led to this moment.  Nevertheless, Nikki lashes into Ashland, believing that Victoria could have recovered had she been given more time.

But...even as Ashland and Nikki's argument grows ever more heated, with Ashland defending his decision to end his wife's life and Nikki accusing Ashland of killing Victoria in order keep their affair quiet, the sexual tension between them mounts, culminating in a kiss and passionate clinch (...in the chapel...with Victoria's body not even cold).

Unfortunately, for Ashland and Nikki, Victor has observed the entire scene from the back of the chapel...and that's when hell REALLY starts to break loose.

• Members

Khan I love you but we are not having Nikki fcking her dead daughter's husband in the hospital chapel! Especially since them having sex is what caused her to die! I don't mind the idea just not with these characters.

No, I want Victoria to stay around but she needs to immediately be recast OR have them write to AH's strengths, which is cold indifference. Bring back Reed, get him a girlfriend Victoria disapproves of her and have her terrorize the poor thing. Stop writing her as a romantic heroine, AH cannot play that.

• Members

Have they? I remember I watched for a bit after she broke with blonde dude (Travis?) on his boat and Victoria swore off men and I thought that's where they were going, a ruthless Victoria but almost immediately she was circling Billy again.

• Members

They always half-ass it. They never really commit to it. They chicken out and go for incompetent needy daddy’s girl. They need to really lean into full vengeful power-mad yet cold bitch with her. But to your point, she’s horribly miscast role of Victoria as written.