Guiding light alum joins YR

• Members

They were simply quoting the interview. 
https://soaphub.com/young-restless/soap-vet-robert-newman-talks-playing-ashland-on-young-and-the-restless/
I think it helps to know what Robert Newman says about his contract. And yes of course RN knows (and we know) that it could be ended after any 13-week cycle. Or the show could decide later on to extend it.

Maybe the show doesn't want to commit to keeping the character of Ashland for a full year.  Or maybe the show isn't committing to RN for some other reason.  I dunno. I just find it interesting.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't fault you for reading it. The thing is, I think most of us have seen Y&R do this dance with new hires dozens of times and squander people and burn them out fast. I think people were counting the days on Burgi in the role even before his COVID mishap and RN is no different. So in the end it really doesn't matter what Newman wants or what the length of his contract is; unless it's revealed to be short-term there's no new news there. He's no more secure than the last guy.