Y&R: Actor Leaving

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought he was the first co-star that Heinle has had in years that actually ignited a bit of life in her.  I suppose we'll be back to her whining and chasing Billy again.  Just another blunder from TPTB in the last two years. Ill-conceived with a bad backstory and a use-by date, but a strong actor. 

• Members

The show is a mess.

The story seemed to be made up as they went along.

First the Tara story which was dropped and she was written out in a day.

Then his various back stories. Hints that he was out to double cross the Newmans.

The big Tuscan wedding.

Then nothing to follow up and now he's out.

Yet another marriage for Victoria that generated just a few months of story.

Griffith and Morina need to be the next on the chopping block.

• Members

I like Richard Burgi (because of his AW days), so I'm sad to see him leave. His crazy backstory aside, if this is solely to put Victoria back with Billy, I'm against that. I find Ashland and Victoria to be a decent couple. Not great, but decent. That's an improvement for most couples on the show. If the writers are determined to break up Ashland and Victoria why does he have to leave? Why not let him mix it up with another character? Nikki? Ashley? Or even someone more random like Sharon or Chelsea? This show doesn't shake things up...ever...

• Members

First of all, I thought his character's name was the worst.  It's like something Jimmy Fallon's writers would have come up with for a soap opera parody.  Second, not only was Ashland's backstory horrendously convoluted, it also reminded me too much of Stitch's backstory, and we all know what happened to Stitch.

When you have in your cast an actor like Richard Burgi -- someone who ain't Laurence Olivier, but who definitely has appeal, and a following outside of soaps -- you don't saddle him with the likes of drippy Amelia Heinle and a bunch of boring, go-nowhere storylines.  (The less I say about Tara...).  You do something with him that's big and important and shakes up the status quo for years to come.  Believe me, if Bill Bell were still around, he would've known what to do with him.

Yep.

• Members

Too bad because I really don’t want to see some endless boring Lily/Billy/Victoria triangle. Ashland had potential and should have at least a couple other kids to come shakeup GC and I’m sorry the show completely wasted him but typical of Griffith and Morina to fail epically. 

• Members

Agree.  Y&R had a good opportunity to introduce a new family onto the canvas that could shake up the mediocre goings-on.  It just boggles my mind how Griffith/Morina/Sony literally run from making this show more exciting.

• Members

was he anti-vaxx? Seems awfully sudden considering they built so much story around him and all the main characters were revolving around him. Did word come down from the higher-ups that the show's current trajectory was boring af and they better right the ship now or they're all going down with it? I smell a "who done it?" mess coming up. LOL