General Hospital January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The problem is I don’t see Frank being fired from GH at this point.  Which is a shame because I would love to see her work on GH again.

Back in the day I didn’t think she would be a good fit at Y&R, but now I’m not sure.  Because that show has almost zero of its identity anymore.  GH, though bland, still has its Monty era DNA somewhat intact, it is recognizable as GH to me.  Y&R has been strip mined- the look, music, direction and melodrama are all gone from the handful of episodes I recently watched.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Thee's no way they'd be interested in hiring her, though. She's a powerful personality, has a long memory of the show in its better days and isn't interested in coasting or focusing entirely on budget or youth demos. She'd do more than keep the lights on, which IMO is all they're interested in atm. They're never going to dump Frank short of some gigantic catastrophe.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Please Wendy come back! Sally Sussman & Kay Alden returned to Y&R which amounted to zero so hopefully if Riche were to return something would come out of it.

Sonny and Victor have more security than Laura the mayor! What happened to Max & Milo?

Luke is getting more of a remembrance than some of the actors that have actually died. 

• Members

1-11

I seem to recall around this time last year, every story was building to Febuary Sweeps. And even if it was minor movement, it was MOVEMENT. There was a nice flow, a rhythm that was going on. From Tracy's return in December to building to the double wedding. It was fascinating to watch.

I am really not feeling anything with that flow this year.

This week is off to a great start as people continue to deal with Luke's death. We even got a Lucas mention. Since he's taking care of Bobbie. It would be nice to see him though since it sound like he was more in town than just transferred out of town. Especially with Brad out and about.

That said...uhhhhh NO to Britt and Austin. As outcasts, I don't mind them being friends, but romantic...NO. And the writers are still trying to sell Austin and Maxie. Also no.

So we are not really going to get a new reveal on Curtis's Dad until February Sweeps, are we? Le sigh. 

As far as what I've liked lately. THE TEENS. I thought the Curtis's Dad storyline has stalled, but this cabin storyline has stalled as well. THANKFULLY, they still have things going on. I am totally going through Sprina withdrawal, but I liked that apparently as Spencer's penance he will be working for Ava, which puts him in Trina's orbit more. And Esme stay mad on that. I also liked the writers have acknowledged the teens have been busy with college in some scenes. And speaking of Esme...FINALLY!!! They gave a hint of what makes her tick, and also smart to connect it to Cameron. This teen set definitely has legs and I wonder if the cabin storyline will be set for Febuary.

And speaking of legs...yeah, I am here for the messiness of Carly/Sonny/Nina. I live for Carly vs Nina scenes and loved the ones at the Crimson office. But that was a weak slap given Carly have given much worse. And I hope next time when it happens...and there will be a next time...Nina slaps her back. Meanwhile, Sonny, Carly, and the meal was sooo him giving off Mike vibes. And I am ashamed to admit it, but his demeanor was such a puppy and he was looking kinda foine. I really did not see any of Sonny in that scene. It just seem like Mike to me. And I wish Carly wouldn't push them together. She is going to lose doing that.

Laura vs Victor has so much potential. may it continue.