General Hospital January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

I always thought they were close.  But that's just my memory and it might be wrong.  I never thought of it as a fatherly relationship, but Luke was protective over her.  But he did run over her kid so I don't know where it stands currently.  I feel like Liz/Lucky are glossed over a lot.  The show actively tries to make us not remember them.  

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Parental may have been too strong, but Luke always looked after Elizabeth. 

The whole Luke running Jake over was undone with the reveal that Helena kidnapped him, correct?

Yeah, Frank just doesn't acknowledge Lucky save a few references. He continues to find ways to pay those mortgages for RoHo and Dawgy Daddy, even though the characters they play stink.

I'm not an Ethan fan, but Ethan, Dillon and Lucky's absence just shows Frank only works with "his" actors.  Give Hat Dad two weeks off and pay them with that for two appearances each, Cheapo.

• Members

Was Luke running over Jake undone?  I legit can't remember.  I just feel like Lucky/Liz have been so marginalized to suit RH has chemistry with everyone so why not? propaganda.   FV likes to marginalize all supercouples (see Sonny/Brenda) but Lucky just literally barely exists on this show now.  Kids?  Africa?  No.  Take care of your own kids Lucky....

• Members

Yes. But it was an atrocious, half assed rewrite with more holes in it then swiss cheese

Please register in order to view this content

The only thing we knew for sure was that Helena was behind it.

And considering how we barely see Jake now, he might as well still be dead.

• Members

Nothing against Curtis, but he felt super out of place to me today. I'm assuming Jon Londstrom was unavailable so they figured Curtis was the next best thing. I get what they were going for, it was just funny having all these vets and then there's Curtis.

I loved Scotty today and Luke's ashes blowing in his face was my favorite part of the episode.

Why did the episode have to end with Carly and Sonny? We really couldn't skip their drama for one day? It's so tired. 

I'm already over the Jennifer Smith thing. The general consensus online seems to be "who?" I was actually watching last time she popped up but I don't remember her. Did no other actors want to return? This is so random. 

Apparently Lucas isn't over losing Wiley. Wouldn't it be something if we were actually seeing that?

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Jason being so overprotective of Michael and then barely ever around Jake has made zero sense to me.  Even if he was “protecting” him from mob life, have him be tortured about it.

I liked some of this memorial, but really, you have Genie Francis here as Laura.  I appreciate the show giving Tracy her important role because she was who Luke ended up with.  But Laura was the love of his life, and Genie is always good with heartbreak.  I wish she and Jackie had gotten to speak as well, even if this whole thing is a huge waste.  I like that Laura is stronger now.  But maybe show me something.  Like Laura breaking down, and then walking herself back and talking to her husband about how not that long ago if this had happened she might have followed him.  Talk about their deep love but also about their obsessive and toxic passion too.  Be a soap opera for crying out loud GH!

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Even though JJ’s Lucky (as a teen) was one of my favorite in all of soaps, I would be fine with a good Lucky recast. He’s Luke and Laura’s son, Liz’s first love and Aidens dad. He should have a place on this show. And they need some men in that age range. But the show just has zero interest in it, it’s like when JJ left this last time they wanted to kill him off but just didn’t bother. 

• Members

Regarding the question about why are they doing Luke's death now, and is the timing random?
I don't know but my guess would be ....
Because they finally can! The vets came back after the vaccine mandate took effect.  There's got to be more coming up with Tracy bringing the actual Ice Princess diamond to Port Charles, and Victor stirring up trouble. Can you imagine an umbrella storyline with the Cassadines, Laura, Anna, Robert, Felicia, etc?

Edited by janea4old