Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

How this loser is on the air and has a son is mind boggling!

Haha...right

Please register in order to view this content

My aunt just called. I haven't heard from in ages until recently... Yeah she was tipsy! Wishing me a happy new year.

• Members

Gotcha.  It could have been a little different especially with their odd sex locations lol.  They were just going for it.  But I do think it would have pushed Marlena into a weird corner with that.  She was the main heroine and you couldn't push it too far in 1993.  You literally couldn't just say John got her off better at that time.  It had to be solely about love and romance 

Edited by carolineg

• Members

In the flurry of activity last night I didn't read this properly.  Did John actually sleep with Kristen?  I thought they were just making out in bed so Brady would catch them.  Admittedly, I didn't tune in to all that story back in the day. 

John/Kristen are always an odd coupling to me.  I can buy they are still attracted to one another on one hand, but on the other John hasn't really shown much interest in her since 1995 and most of his fantasies were about Marlena anyway.  I wish the show was a little more clear on the intentions.  ED's Kristen seems still into John, but SH's Kristen seems into Brady.  They play that aspect of the character very differently.

• Members

It wasn't even that - they let Kerwin go near the end of the show in the summer of 2011 to do Viki and Clint, IIRC. It happened as an outgrowth of the Echo affair storyline. I had seen it coming years before though, after Ron made a point to drop an incongruous Viki/Clint easter egg into Viki and Charlie's pre-wedding celebration in 2009, when they found an old wedding gift from Asa for Viki dating back to her first marriage to Clint, saying 'you are a Buchanan and always will be.' Clint was at that point enmeshed as the inevitable loser in the emerging Bo/Nora reunion storyline while engaged/married to Nora himself, and was not being teased with Viki again in any way; that took another two years. Ron plans and waits, these days generally way too long lol. But back then I already knew, even though he'd created Viki and Charlie, done a wonderful job and was clearly committed to them on some level, that he had the nostalgia bug and probably intended to get her back to Clint sometime, somehow. And eventually he did. But anyway, that's wildly OT. HNY!

• Members

One of the reasons I prefer Stacy.

Eileen's a legend. You won't find anyone who loved her more than me but I feel the same as you.

Even when John and Kristen were together all he cared about was Marlena. That was the driver of her insecurities.

Reject adoptee finds love, fulfills her dream of a family of her own only to find his heart was never hers. Add the miscarriage, Stefano's influence and she snapped.

Edited by KLN

• Members

In all fairness, the SHOW is using SH when the storyline is about Brady or the current stories.
ED's cameos are far and few between so when they use her it is for nostalgia purposes; in scenes that involve John and Marlena.
I am not sure it is so much an acting choice than just the way the show is using them at the same time for different purposes.
ED had plenty of chemistry with Brady when it first played out; that's why the story worked when it really shouldn't have.

• Members

If the writing was there to support an impossible recast with a talented actress, I would give it more of a chance. I gave it a chance, the writing isn't there, so it didn't work. I don't see any new Kristen that works; I see a idea that has never been effectively executed, never will be with the current poor writing, and probably can't at this point. And when they're already shivving her by regularly bringing Eileen back, I don't see a point in continuing.

• Members

Interesting.  I don't feel like I can speak about OLTL intelligently (or non-intelligently as I do sometimes) because I was more of a casual viewer.  Clint/Viki reuniting made sense to me in a way Roman/Marlena wouldn't.  To me, I would consider this Viki's main pairing even if she had sucess with other pairings.  With Marlena, you have 30 plus years of John/Marlena build up and her choosing John over Roman again and again.   It would be odd for her to pivot away from that at this stage in the game.  Do I think there is unresolved issues with her and Roman?  Yeah, I do.  I think the show dropped the ball a lot with them.  I feel like there could have been numerous issues with Roman feeling a closeness with Belle because she was his daughter first or a lingering bitterness over John/Marlena and there really isn't.   If Wayne had returned in 1997 I think this would be a whole different ballgame, but Roman has been sidelined over the years for John and because of a crap recast.  Again, Roman brings nothing to the table that John doesn't.  He may be Carrie/Sami/Eric's bio dad, but John easily can fill that void as well because Drake has a longer history with those actors (outside GV as Eric-and I think that's the least complicated relationship out of all the kids for John).  In this case, it's just one supercouple begat another more popular supercouple, but if Wayne came back I probably would be willing to give it a try.  Anyway, Happy New Year as well!

Yeah, I guess that's what I don't understand with the 2 Kristens.  Kristen has moved far past John, but everytime ED comes back we are made to think it's unresolved and there is an attraction, but there really isn't.  John closed the door on Kristen years ago and the stuff from 2012 was very strange because John just wouldn't do that to Marlena, but whatever.  I was happy they brought Kristen back.

I did think Kristen/Brady worked in a dirty, tawdry way.  ED/EM have chemistry for days, but it's not a love story or long term pairing.  But I might not ever be able to get over ED's Kristen telling Brady she was his new momma back in the day.  

I just wish the show would chose a lane with Kristen or even just a single actress.  

Kristen is a villian, but she does have tragic anti-heroine qualities.  She was a good person.  John/Marlena being a**holes kind of turned her crazy.  They were the ones drooling all over each other while lying about their feelings.  Kristen was a hot mess, but those two did sort of bring it on themselves.

Edited by carolineg