GH: Rumors regarding the vaccine mandate

• Members

You can absentmindedly like a post or like a post and not even read it. It's a post from one of the show's "stars", maybe whoever runs the GH account just liked it on autopilot. I agree with @Errol that people make too much out of sh!t like this.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I side with the people who say that the people running social media accounts are PR people whose job it is to actually pay attention to these things.

We are not talking about Jane Schmoe liking random Insta-posts without reading the commentary because the guy on it is hot.
We are talking someone being PAID to make the show look good on social media. Absent-mindedly - in the best telling - "liking" a post like this, widely read on social media as meaning an endorsement, whatever the intent actually is - is exactly what they are NOT supposed to do.

• Members

These shows aren't getting any better by pretending the problems don't exist. I have never understood why they prefer to act like ostriches, sticking their heads in the sand. Then again, it's a similar vibe with how bad these shows are, no one is supposed to notice, let alone bring any attention to the matter.

• Members

It is often said that an adversarial press is a fundamental element of a functioning society/democracy and I think the soap world shows EXACTLY how that works.
When there is no news media to call you out on stuff because they are co-dependent, it actually does the people they protect no favor in the end.
Some individuals might be happier in the short-term because their job seems easier without scrutiny but that allows them to paper over and ignore all kinds of issues that it would be healthier for them to address.
Letting things fester and rot in the dark does not mean they stop rotting. It means you only start noticing when it smells aka when it is too late.
From the toxic workplace culture to the cultural insensitivites issues to the staleness of the content presented on-screen, so many of the things that are hurting soaps should have had a chance to become an issue a lot earlier and a healthy soap press would have done it.
It may have made executives sweat but it would have helped the shows in the long run.
And so is the current situation that has been allowed to fester for a lot longer than it needed to to the point. Had IR been fired when it was obvious he was a liability - many uncovered controversies ago - GH would not be dealing with "Transphobic" headlines in one of the rare moments where it gets mainstream media coverage.

• Members

I remember very well the Soap Opera Digest BI warning my show that if a certain actor got caught out for domestic violence a third (fourth? fifth?) time "we name him". How noble. The alleged name was already circulating among fans in those years. But this was 20 years ago and even then, the soap press were desperate to stay afloat.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Many fans have taken up the "crusade" to defend these soaps, no matter how poorly they are written and managed, equating criticism to disloyalty. It's just aided and abetted these shows in their collective deterioration. If you value something, shouldn't you want to improve things, make them better? I realize that not all changes are for the better, but who hasn't noticed that the majority of these soaps have been limping along for almost twenty years now? The industry itself has needed change for a long time.  

Rademacher's social media (which I admit to having just seen those posts-- insane!) just adds to the perception of soap fans and some stars as being unhinged, in some alternate reality that is woefully out of step with real life.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Left out a word

• Members

Yeah I have a friend I met thru  soap events and she is supporting Ingo on his Insta even after the Transphobia. She is pro vax but for choice but she is no where near anti LGBTQIA so this is puzzling me. Can someone just love an actor so much, they will over look all they do and say, no matter how bad it is?