Days: 'Deceased Former Baddies' Return

• Members

I understand this logic and I understand why they wanted to wipe the slate clean but it is just not working as Jake - and I love BB.
Even the chemistry with Gabi is not the same. Maybe we will change our mind if they later find a way to use him differently but so far it has been at best disappointing.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah Jake just feels lazy all around TBH. With Chad and EJ do we really need Jake? I love Brandon Barash but Jake lacks the spark he gave Stefan. The writing lacks too of course. It's amazing how Ron can just totally neglect characters like Xander, Gwen, Jake and Gabi, especially Gwen who sparked and is just competely dead as a character now. All still have some fun lines or moments here and there but like ... they can all go. Xander is whatever Ron wants him to be. Comic relief, stupid loser, scheming jerk ... it's like old flavor EJ. They can't commit. Ron's just having fun with Paul Telfer.

Philip/Chloe/Brady/Gabi/Jake all interacting COULD and SHOULD be a fun time but Ron is clearly not invested. Philip and Chloe and Brady should not be expendable but that's how they're becoming under Ron.

Jamey Giddens needs to have some influence because these characters need some life.

• Members

They were right to kill off Stefan and bring him back as Jake, but Jake lost 95% of his personality when he became a DiMera businessman overnight. If he were still living in the garage as an outsider going, "WTF is wrong with these people?" it would work.

Edited by koos