Stephanie Beacham Appreciation Thread

MarlandRulez

• Members

index2.jpg

that smile! Those incredible eyes!

bookcover.jpg

Stephanie played the ultimate !@#$%^&*] in the English miniseries Connie.

beacha0lt.jpg

The plot of Connie was that she was a single woman returning to Thatcher's England only to find her fashion empire stolen out from under her! Greedy Connie is determined to get back in the race and to the top, whatever it takes!

it was her role of ball busting fashion entrepeneuer Connie which brought her to the attention of US producers and the makers of Dynasty, who found a super!@#$%^&*] to rival the one they already had!

colbysad-3.jpg

colbywomen-004.jpg

Stephanie was snapped up to play Alexis' crafty cousin Sabella "Sable" Scott Colby in spin-off The Colbys.

She proved a huge hit, to such an extent that when the show was cancelled, Sable was transferred to Dynasty. Unfortunatly the 80s were over by then, so it was goodbye Dynasty!!

Stephanie has since found renewed attention playing con artist Philomena in the hit UK prison drama Bad Girls, which can be seen on BBC America.

tvquick4-10-04.jpg

I remember when we all got in a tizzy when it was announced that Stephanie was joining B&B AS Sable, then we found that 1) It was just for a day and 2) It was as herself!

i miss her! And im furious that CONNIE hasnt been released on dvd yet

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Stephanie Beacham is incredible - she can say 'Hello' on the telephone and its sounds !@#$%^&*]y." - Dynasty writer

:lol:

"Stephanie had a unique quality - sophistication, coolness and intelligence." ~ Peter Wyngarde (Jason King)

"...Still there were some fine performances in it. Stephanie, in particular, was marvelous. She's a wonderful girl - an absolute darling." ~ Roy Ward Baker (Director - And Now The Screaming Starts)

"'Tenko' was such a great time for all of us. We were wandering along the street when a car came careering to a halt and a Chinese man jumped out, shouting. His wife was giving birth in the back of the car. I called the others and Stephanie Beacham rushed over and checked that the umbilical cord wasn't around the baby's neck." ~ Veronica Roberts (Tenko)

"Besides being one of the finest actresses I've had the pleasure of working with, Stephanie is as glamorous and elegant as they come. We have great fun using English slang in our conversations on the set, and thoroughly confusing the rest of the cast and crew." ~ Emma Samms (The Colbys)

"Sable had to be very mean to me on many occasions and Stephanie said once that it was like 'Putting the knife in Bambi'." ~ Emma Samms (The Colbys)

"We hit it off the first day of filming. She was suddenly plopped down into the middle of all this - very homesick and missing her kids... I was struck by Stephanie's beauty: she's radiant and has a great body. Professionally, she has a wealth of knowledge. I'll be troubled by a scene and wander down the hall for help. I can read the lines twenty times and not see it but she glances once and says, 'Here. This is the key point.' It's like having a pal for a tutor." ~ Tracy Scoggins (The Colbys)

"I first saw Stephanie in her screen test. We'd gone through scores of actresses but when we saw her we were immediately impressed. To start, she has the physical equipment to attract a man like Jason. She's alluring, sexually attractive and she is a bit of a patrician. Her Sable can be truly outrageous ~ every two or three episodes we have to humanize her, restore her emotional credibility with the audience and Stephanie can play both sides.

"We must not be a 'Dynasty' copy," Heston continues. "If Joan Collins' character wore a tag, it would read 'Rich !@#$%^&*]', but Stephanie's character is less heartless, more complex. And I think - though perhaps I shouldn't be saying this - Stephanie's a better actress. She might, however," he concludes, "work on Sable's gun-handling habits." ~ Charlton Heston (The Colbys)

"We got on so-ooo well, we had a ball. She's lovely and very cuddly, so we cuddled a lot." ~ Luke Perry (Beverly Hills 90210)

"Stephanie is a very, very funny lady, very pleasant to work with, a fine actress. For all of the 'Dynasty'class, she is as down to Earth and rowdy and bawdy as she can be." ~ Royce D. Applegate (seaQuest DSV)

"Stephanie was really good fun to work with. She was a wonderful mixture of Englishness and Hollywood glitter. I think she enjoyed it too - shooting for the BBC is very different from having people making sure the wind doesn't blow on you!" ~ Alison Steadman (on playing Stephanie's sister in No Bananas)

"My first love is an evening at the theatre, especially if I'm going with a group of friends to see something starring my dear friend Stephanie Beacham. She's one of the finest actresses in the world, especially on the stage. She's also very beautiful." ~ Britt Ekland

"Stephanie's approach is intelligent and thoughtful. I should imagine that many a Hollywood director has underestimated her." ~ Simon Williams (Nobody's Perfect)

"Stephanie Beacham - what can I say? I used to watch her on 'The Colbys' and 'Connie' when I was young and really admired her. She was one of the actresses who inspired me.

"She's this big star so I was a bit intimidated at first. And because she has two grown-up daughters, she knew how it felt to be so heavily pregnant. I had really swollen ankles ... and she gave me a foot massage. I was sitting in her dressing room thinking, 'Stephanie Beacham is massaging my feet - I am having a surreal moment'." ~ Debra Stephenson (Bad Girls)

"Before we did the scene I agreed with the director I would go totally naked. I was doing the scene with Stephanie Beacham and I kept thinking, 'I'm starkers'. She could definitely see the family jewels on the edge of her vision.

"At the end of the scene I said to her, 'How could you not look?' She said, 'Darling, I'm a professional'. ~ Jack Ellis (Bad Girls)

• Members

She is one of the most brilliant actors I've ever seen. Her performances as Sable Colby were on the mark! She really showed how poor Joan Collins was as an actress in season nine when they went toe-to-toe. No one can hold a candle to her!

I've heard so many great things about Connie and her Bad Girls seasons, but I have yet to see them! Still, I'm watching BG so I'll know whats going on when she arrives.

The only other role I've seen her in is as Iris McKay on 90210. She even rocked on that show!

Archived