Stephanie Beacham Appreciation Thread

MarlandRulez

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Add me to the list of Stephanie Beacham fans. She was my absolute fave character in both The Colbys and Dynasty. She's probably making big bucks over at Bad Girls and is happy being back "at home" but, God, how I wish she'd get a great role on Daytime over here. I was going to suggest Lorenzo Alcazar's mother but who am I kidding? She has barely aged since her Colby days - sister/gf more like it. That woman would kindle fire with any actor. Plus ABC has this weird hatred of women over 30 (unless they are playing Carly) and I wouldn't wish that sort of treatment on an actress of SB's calibre.

When I was little, during The Colbys days, TV Guide did an article profiling her. I cut it out (because I was already an 11-year old SB fan, lol) and kept it until we moved house and I had to throw it away, lol. In it, she talked about how her hubby left her for a 21-year old woman but she was never bitter and !@#$%^&*]y about it. She said she later had to teach an acting class full of 21-year olds and she fell "in love" with their energy and enthusiasm and couldn't blame youth etc. on the break-up of her marriage. So class!

Those TV Guide ads for The Colbys and Dynasty are to DIE for. I am THIS tempted to photobucket them and make a siggie, MR. :lol:

Archived