AMC: Robyn Richards (ex-Maxie, GH) auditioning for role

• Members

Probably for Colby if true, Raven at SOC said he posted it in his column that Robyn Richards is reading for an unknown role at All My Children... so we can only assume its Colby........ she is only what 18? 19? She could pass for a 15-16 year old.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think RR is a very good actress. I really hope she doesn't get the role of Colby. I think people like RR because they saw her grow up on GH, but at best I thought she was okay.

That said I don't think she'll get the role so it doesn't matter. If Frons liked RR she would still be Maxie.

• Members

Colby is going to be a really hard role to cast and I wouldnt think RR could do it justice, I never thought she was that good on GH to be honest, I thought she was average at best and looks really old for her age to be Colby. That being said, she might surprise us all if she gets it.

• Members

Does *anyone* else think that RR is not-so-good an actress?

I honestly believe that if she joined GH as a new character (having never played Maxie) she would not be so loved.

I remember cringing through many of her scenes when she came back after being replaced for a while under JFP/McTavish. I actually think her replacement (now on Passions I think) who was so despised by the fans, was a better actress.

• Members

It's a rare child actress than can make the transition to teen queen love interest. RR doesn't have the 'it' quality. For that matter, neither does that Kristen Alderson chick from OLTL. Unless they're planning on doing the blandest of puppy love story, a fresh face that the audience hasn't seen grow up is often the best solution.

Archived