B&B: March 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Lol pretty much. I can so see after the birth & honeymoon Finn having a psycho ex-wife out there show up unexpectedly, the ex-wife being some lost daughter of Deacon and therefore is Hope’s half-sister. B&B would concoct a connection like that. Or Finn having a past with Shauna lol. 

Or Thudley goes to the Grant/Macy route to have Finn drop dead just when Finn & Steffy are at their happiest. 

Speaking of Grant...

Grant was pretty much the last real  versatile non-Forrester man on this show, and that was over 20 years now. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Remember what I was talking at length just a few days ago about Bell does not know how to do fallout? He just wants buildup and PLOT and then doesn't quite how to write the aftermath
His utter inability to write properly what should be gimme scenes of various characters reacting to the altered paternity test is proof of that again.

He didn't realize the "fun" of the storyline shouldn't be in the reveal Finn is the father itself but in the various reactions to it. And he can't even give us that properly.

• Members

It occurred to me that no one is running a second paternity test.

But because Vinnie admitted he tampered with it everyone simply assumes that means the result was wrong and Finn is the father.
But did we get a clear explanation of what Vinnie did other than make sure Liam came out the father? If I missed it, my speculation might off-base but I am pretty sure they stayed vague as to what exactly he did.
Because otherwise, if it is not a straight-forward sample switch, this leaves the door wide open for Bell to revisit this later once Finn has served his purpose and is out of the picture and he wants to sell us on another round of Liam/Steffy.
Tampered with it could simply mean Vinnie wrote down Liam without running the test properly or something. It doesn't mean it was wrong; it simply means he made sure it had the result he wanted.
He told Finn he was the father, granted, but that still leaves a pretty huge loophole that he made the assumption, just like the audience, or that he told Finn that to get rid of him in a situation where he was being threatened or was trying to justify himself to Thomas, and he actually doesn't know. 
Just like when I need to see a corpse to believe a character has been properly killed off, I need me a second paternity test to be sure. I know I am being far-fetched but I have watched enough soaps to spot a loophole.

• Members

I don't think there is a plan for a twist.

I do think that leaves the door open to revisit this once Finn is out of the picture in a few years.

I wouldn't have been mad at that at all if they had established it from the get-go.
Making him Eric Sharpe now would feel a bit too contrived.

Edited by FrenchBug82