Days: Soap Vet Departs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree that I think Cady's original contract ended.  Jennifer was written off because DAYS thought Melissa Reeves might return, but I do not think she will and if I was DAYS I wouldn't want her to, wouldn't want the negative publicity of it.  Rehire Cady McClain longterm, she did an awesome job as Jennifer, breathing life into the role. 

• Members

Love Cady and have watched her on all her soap roles and really enjoyed her as Jennifer.  I agree with so many others that said Jennifer is really needed right now. I like Missy Reeves too, but if she is not willing to come back to the show full time then I say the put Cady on contract and let her carry on in the role of Jennifer.

• Members

To be fair, they only initially signed her for six months since they had no idea how long Melissa was going to be gone from the show. We still have no idea if Reeves is going to be back or not for that matter or if they're going to recast again or give Cady another contract (if she even wants it?).

• Members

I hope they just re-up her soon. Do not ask Missy back. Cady's had so many troubled non-AMC runs - her ATWT returns after her original gangbusters stint never worked because the writing failed her at every turn - that I couldn't see how she could pull off taking on such an iconic role, but she did it easily because Missy has been wrung out for years.

• Members

Cady last filmed at Days the week of Dec 7th.  Days went on Holiday break  on Dec 18. So maybe Cady is back on set filming if Melissa did not return after the holiday break

Has Days been renewed yet?

Jason 47 has Days scheduled to film to April 16,2021 and they will have filmed thru Sept 15, 2021 episode at that point

Edited by John