Legacy Characters That Need More Focus/Return To Their Respective Shows

• Members

I think most of us still feel they're missing characters of legacy origin should be populating their families as well as stories too. Or perhaps the ones on our screens but hardly adequate screen time. 

So who are the legacy character who need to return or should get more respect on their respective shows? 

GH

Lucas Jones 

Serena Baldwin 

Christina Baldwin

Tommy Hardy 

Kristina Corinthos -Davis 

Molly Davis - Lansing 

DAYS

Andrew Donovan 

Jeremy Horton

Mike Horton 

Peter Blake 

Melissa Horton 

Bold and Beautiful 

Little Eric/Deacon Sharpe 

Kristen Forrester

Felicia Forrester 

YR

Chance Chancellor getting a good recast

Jennifer Brooks 

Brooks Prentis 

Noah Newman 

Ana Hamilton

Fen Baldwin 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

DAYS

Joey Johnson

Stephanie Johnson

Andrew Donovan

Noel Curtis

Carrie/Austin's unnamed child

Sydney Dimera

Johnny Dimera

Nathan Horton

Chelsea Brady

Days has a ton of hardly/never used kids out there

GH

Serena Baldwin

Tommy Hardy

Elizabeth's mom-probably not legacy, but we deserve to see her once.

Sarah Webber

• Members

DAYS needs to bring on Melissa for sure. Recast Nathan and give him a personality this time. Noelle would add something certainly.

I'd be tempted to bring Carrie and Austin back with Noah in tow, but they have to give Austin more to do than be dumb this time. He's an accomplished musician. Run with that. Hook him up with Eve and cause a rift there with Carrie while Austin brings music back into her life. 

Johnny DiMera I would only bring back if Sami was there again full time. 

• Members

DAYS definitely needs to reintroduce Nathan and Jeremy. Both characters still have so much potential. And I would also love to see a lot of the forgotten kid characters (Andrew, Alexander, Noelle) be brought on finally. 

GH needs to dump Nicholas Bechtel and bring a teenage Spencer back full time. 

And B&B needs to bring back RJ. The only child that Ridge and Brooke share deserves to be on the canvas. 

• Members

On DAYS, how about the return of the original Horton legacy characters? It baffles me that decade after decade, they have not taken the opportunity to bring someone like Maree Cheatham back as Marie Horton - she was on the frickin' 1965 pilot episode! The actress has been active in the industry ever since, and seems she would gladly make return appearances. Why not have one of the actual Horton children living in the Horton home dispensing sage advise, much like Alice did? Especially after Frances Reid's passing and Cheatham's appearance at the funeral, that would've been the perfect opportunity to bring her back permanently. 

• Members

IA, @Gray Bunny.  Plus, at this point, Marie is the only one of Tom and Alice's kids that is still alive; Bill, Addie, Mickey and (I presume) Tommy have all been killed off (and I am so, so over DAYS bringing people back from the dead that it isn't even funny).

Edited by Khan

• Members

I find the Horton issue especially hard to watch now with Missy Reeves real life choices ending that character for me, and KA’s Hope leaving the show.

The show sidelined the family so much in the mid 1980’s that the third generation was the family for a long time, outside of Uncle Mickey being your lawyer when you needed one.  And with Hope and Jennifer gone, that familiarity and tie to Alice and Tom makes the family disconnection really prevalent to me.  It doesn’t matter that Maggie is still there, they all but destroyed her as a Horton in the years of marrying Victor and propping Daniel.

On GH, I would reintroduce Tommy Hardy, his mother Simone, and Serena Baldwin (for now Tom could stay gone).  I would also bring in a couple of Celia Quartermaine’s children to shore up that family again, maybe tie-in her return to the Holly story somehow to reintroduce them, and then move them out again leaving the kids.  And put Lucas on contract with a story.

• Members

Days- Melissa Anderson is definitely needed! She was needed when Victor starting seeking interested in Maggie, could have played with the history of Ivy/Pete/Melissa during that story. Now that Hope is gone Melissa needs to be there and Sandy Horton a blank ass slate to work with and tested with Roman. Too bad they killed David Banning and Bill.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Killing David remains the biggest WTF of all time to me. There was a golden opportunity in that moment to either bring Gregg Marx back or hire a new David for the Eli story, as well as reintroduce Anne Milbauer (personally, I'd try to recast her with Hillary B Smith), make her Susan Martin's daughter, and have her get involved with David. A golden opportunity to have a short visit from Denise Alexander presents itself there, and immediately folks have a much stronger connection to that entire wing of the family. 

Instead they just...have him fall off a motorcycle offscreen? For real??? Waste. 

I also really love the idea of Marie being the Horton maitriach. She is so necessary today and, again, not a word from her in years. 

• Members

Alright, I'm willing to take back what I've said about bringing people back from the dead on DAYS for David Banning (and maybe several others) if -- and that's a big if -- doing so yields story that's exciting and rooted in character and history.

• Members

Marie definitely needs to come back but I'm a bit biased as she's my favorite Days character. She would make a great matriarch for the Hortons. I think it's mystifying that they never brought Bill back before killing him off. He would have been a great patriarch and would have been interesting with Maggie. They could have been the new Tom and Alice. Mike is now the most glaring omission. Not sure what current writers have had against him. They should bring back him and Jeremy. You know, actual Hortons with the hope of passing on the name. If they want younger characters, Jeremy would still be considered young. They could easily bring him back on and this time make him less douchey. The writers just don't seem interested in perpetuating the Hortons.