Legacy Characters That Need More Focus/Return To Their Respective Shows

• Members

I envisioned Marie returning when Frances was ailing to move into the Horton home and care for her mom. That could have led to Nick returning to live with his grandma. Marie could be involved with hospital and family stuff. She wouldn't have to be on all the time, just used enough to have a presence on the show.

There was never a commitment to the Hortons, even thought it seemed that actors like Lisa Trusel, Maree Cheatham and Jean Bruce Scott seemed happy enough to return from time to time.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hope and Julie also had a half-brother/brother in Steve Olson, last played by a pre-Another World Stephen Schnetzer, all the way back in 1979! Then he apparently left town and...poof. The end. What's HE been up to for the past...I don't know, 41 YEARS?

Another Horton male just cast off. (Yes, he is an Olson, but his mom, Addie, was a Horton!)

Maybe a bit problematic with another Steve in Steve Johnson on canvas, but that seems a minor issue.

Edited by Wendy

• Members

We've been going through his run on the show in the DAYS BTS thread, and...yeah, it seems he's still alive, and with plenty of potential. A brilliant troublemaker in that age bracket that could've acted as a corporate raider type for the new century once AW ended, but...another opportunity squandered.

And hell, just refer to him as Stephen, and you're fine!

• Members

At one point Julie mentioned her nephew Spencer, Steve's son so there was probably a plan to bring him on but the writers changed and he was forgotten.

On ATWT Doug Marland cleverly gave Don and Mary Hughes a daughter Christina but she was never used.

On GL Holly had a niece Emily who could have easily come on at some point.

• Members

Yes!  I wanted Emily to come back when her dad, Ken Norris, was back on the show.  I thought, depending on the casting, she would've made a great love interest for Rick Bauer.

I would have wanted to try pairing Bill in a May/December relationship with Nicole, if only to see how Jennifer would respond to her nemesis becoming her stepmother, lol.

Two words: sex change.  I'm kidding.

Edited by Khan

• Members

A couple things from the cancelled soaps:

AW never brought back Ricky Matthews, which would have given Liz a lot more to do for sure. 

ATWT: The lost Hughes family members. Did John & Marion Hughes have any children? Also lost the lost Stewarts, with the Ward quadruplets never coming to Oakdale at all. Geez!

• Members

Steve was a natural for a return when Pat Falken Smith took over in 81.

Lee was tied into the DiMera's and it had already been established that Steve knew Lee in Paris.

Robert had a link to the DiMeras also and he had been in Paris.

So it would have been quite easy to tie Steve into all of that.