amybrickwallace

EPs who only EP'ed one soap

Charlotte Savitz - the destroyer of Another World!

She also worked on GL, SB and Capitol but AW was the only one where she was the EP.

Edited by AbcNbc247

4 minutes ago, RavenWhitney said:

David Lawrence SFT

John Valente ATWT

Lynn Latham YR

Joanna Lee SFT

Ellen Barret SFT

I was wondering when we’d start seeing some male names. Did Laurence Caso EP a soap other than ATWT?

36 minutes ago, RavenWhitney said:

Joanna Lee SFT

P&G should have hired her to head-write, not executive produce.

4 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Did Laurence Caso EP a soap other than ATWT?

Not as far as I can see. Wikipedia (take with a grain of salt) says after being let go by ATWT, he was offered a consulting gig on "The City" but turned it down.

Edited by amybrickwallace

I wonder why "Loving" was EP'ed by so many producers who not only never helmed a soap again, but seemed to vanish from the industry altogether. Ironically, their first EP was Joe Stuart, who came in with a decade of showrunning TD and OLTL - though I believe "Loving" was also HIS swan song in soaps.

4 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

John Valente ATWT

Valente had been EP at AW before ATWT as well as a producer for multiple P&G soaps.

Latham I don’t count for her work on Knots Landing as well as I think she worked at PC at some point too. 

4 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

I guess Ken Corday and Brad Bell can be added too, right?

Brad for sure but I think Corday was a producer for the syndicated soap Rituals but I might be wrong on that. 

Jean Dadario Burke was also an EP of Loving.

I don’t believe AW’s Terri Guarnieri did any other soap work and I was surprised P&G replaced her in light of some modest success as well as NBC pushing her in the role from her Cosby days. 

1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

I wonder why "Loving" was EP'ed by so many producers who not only never helmed a soap again, but seemed to vanish from the industry altogether. Ironically, their first EP was Joe Stuart, who came in with a decade of showrunning TD and OLTL - though I believe "Loving" was also HIS swan song in soaps.

If I'm to believe Ellen Holly, he may have been such a tyrant to work for that nobody wanted to hire him anymore.