Iconic on more than one soap

• Members

I would 100% consider LR the definitive Billie Reed, although I am sure others would disagree.  

SF and RS are great examples of this thread.  I was just thinking ED because Kristen was so polarizing on Days and took a lame character into something so much more.  I would argue Laura/Stephanie and Rachel/Dorian were always meant to be leads, but Eileen propelled both her roles into a more leading capacity than what was first imagined.  But again, all of this is highly debatable and I don't think there are wrong answers, just different perceptions.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That would be interesting.  We know from Tracey Bregman that Wes Kinney played a huge part in her development as an actress and getting the job on Y&R as Lauren.  Certainly hard to not think Bill Bell when you talk about Flannery, as Laura and as Stephanie.  Tons of FOJ’s out there!

• Members

I'm not one of 'em.  I've always thought LR was/is the definitive Billie.  Her first run, when Billie was written with more emotional layers, was so wonderful to watch.  I wish Billie hadn't regressed so much by the time she'd returned.

• Members

When Billie first came on the scene she was definitely a complex character and LR was refreshing to watch. I know they couldn't stand each other, but she had great chemistry with RKK. I remember loving the twist when it was revealed that Billie and Austin were Kate's presumed dead children...a great twist!

• Members

I really appreciated LR playing the heartbreak when Gina was revealed as Hope.  When she was still in the role, it was a complex triangle and not just another rehash of Reilly’s normal formula of Good/Good/Bad characters.

I still love most of pre-possession Reilly.  Just after that story everything went crazy.

• Members

Rinna's Billie was probably my favorite character on the show at the time. I was heartbroken when she left and it was never the same for me. There is no other Billie AFAIC.

Edited by Vee

• Members

IMO there is no universe in which Julie Pinson is "the definitive Billie on Days". I like Julie, I've liked her since PC but that is in no way true. Fans just liked that there was a capable Billie actress onscreen, they would've taken anyone since Allen was a disaster and Rinna's return stints didn't work.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Rachel was not meant to be the lead under Robin Strasser.  She made that role into so much more than it was ever intended to be.  Certainly Agnes Nixon was excited about the character.  She was the forerunner to Erica Kane.  But I don't think Rachel was initially envisioned to go as far as she ultimately did. 

I don't know if she was ever what you would call the lead, though.  I think she was comparable to Andrea Evans' Tina Lord Roberts from 1985-1990.  It was a huge part,  but perhaps not the lead.  It's debatable, I guess.