Iconic on more than one soap

• Members

The thing about Scheming Bitchy Maxie it worked, KS was good at it but then Guza decided he wanted to live out his HS fantasy of the "Ugly Geek when mind you that wasn't even Spin's character(he was a geeky misogynistic criminal who worshipped a hitman)get's the "Hot Girl" which isn't even Maxie & she was gone. She became strictly quirky comic dumb helpless relief to Spin's baboon. 

The scabs writing for Maxie was a curse I to this day think it's the best individual focus/writing that the Character has gotten since she became of age(Teenager)but they started the Spixie [!@#$%^&*] friendship & Guza took it & turned into something it should have never been a Romantic Relationship Toxic Co Dependent at that. I like your somewhat Lucy model for Maxie & I had hoped when she went to deception, this show would form a relationship btw the 2 the history is there but GH routinely ignores Maxie's history so.

As far as GV goes I understand do you think if he had better writing, NotGuza or chem with TG/GF & TG wasn't a [!@#$%^&*] he might have fared a lot better in the sense of his Lucky in comparison to JJ Lucky, there wouldn't be such a contrast? I'm fan of his LL2/Lucky & I get the night/day diff btw 90s Lucky & his I felt like there was some underhanded BTS in place when it came to his Lucky.

During ER run as Lulu, Maxie had 1 love interest for 4 yrs until GH stupid happy asses decided to kill Nathan for no damn reason other than to Give PLP/WR a story/on Maxie. No one asked for or wants to see. Lulu had Lante her & 1 of GH defining pairings(Long term pairing)besides the Unholy trinitys that GH has that goes beyond 5 yrs particular from Guza's run. She finally got Dustin but they ani't doing nothing wth it. It's better than what KST/Maxie got though Lulu isn't being assassinated or destroyed as a character on the alter of Lustin.

PLP/Paxie are universally despised yet CVE/FV continue to shove it to keep PLP on the show & WR employed. 

I'm assumed wrongly on this one my bad

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

GV is a pretty typical soap hunk type.  Best when playing a good guy, good in romance or action stories.  Not great at heavy drama.  I’ve watched him and found him attractive since Malibu Shores, and I like him.  He had fine chemistry with everyone.  I just don’t think he had the depth of acting skills to portray deep drama like Tony, Genie, and RH, his most common acting partner.  Which means he was miscast as Lucky, especially on GH as it was written then.

BTW, I would absolutely take him back now and get rid of Franco anytime, and he and Liz can become the moral center type characters of the show.  With Tony Geary gone, and with the current soap climate, none of them are telling any stories with depth anymore.

For all his faults and balance issues, Guza’s writing team excelled at emotional material, even if it often ruined the characters- the stories themselves, acting, and scripts were deep and well told.  I just hated the constant darkness and destroying all the characters all the time/disposing of vets.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

The potential was there, MBE is certainly a capable actress but I had gotten the sense that TPTB, by this time had little regard for the character, other than as a facilitator of the awful storylines that they had written for Craig and Lucy.

The character had also been reduced to a pretty milquetoast portrayal.