LATEST RATINGS: August 17-21, 2020

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

CBS is in crisis mode if they can’t get that million viewers back to Y&R. That’s going to rank their entire daytime lineup. They need to hire a strong writer, give them carte blanche and suck it up and bring back Victoria Rowell. They need to stop playing games at this point. 

• Members

ABC would be smart to do a The Chew reboot and NBC could try anything because nothing is saving Days now.  Do a 5th hour of Today and they’d likely get better ratings on the cheap.  CBS is biding its time.  Without Y&R towing the line for B&B it’s doomed and Y&R waited too late to make writing changes.  My whole family were CBS watchers and kept watching ATWT and GL until the end:  We’ve all stopped watching.  I don’t think GL with its home video cameras fell below a 1.5.  Funny stuff.  

• Members

I know we all have the same argument over ratings almost every week, but have you SEEN just how far the prime-time ratings have fallen over the past decade? I was looking at a recent Nielsen report, and the #10 primetime show had only a 2.5 households rating and 3.8 million viewers overall. Compared to that, daytime's declines don't seem so bad. And shows like Days are driving viewers to the networks' streaming apps. Given the current state of network TV, I think the networks would be foolish to cancel any of their soaps (although they probably will continue to tighten their budgets). 

• Members

Once DAYS goes back into production, if they're able to continuously crank out new episodes, I could see NBC giving them yet another year simply because everything else is so tentative right now, in terms of what new content and shows will be available for broadcast in the next two seasons. Lord knows Covid's going to be with us well into 2021... 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Wait for the week of whatever this week is.  DC area is #6 in Viewership/Nielsen.  Every show is going to go down.  Everyone here is airing the March on Washington.  Y&R and B&B are the only ones that I continued to watch after GL and ATWT, but they ran ads during the March about them being on at like 2:30 or 3:30 tomorrow morning.   Expect it for Days and GH as well.  It might be one tenth of a ratings point or a couple tenths.  They're not going to be able to take this much longer.  

• Members

Most soaps have gotten higher numbers that a lot of primetime shows the past few years (hello CW, NBC and Fox!) it still does feel like a bizarro world that a new primetime  show nowadays brings in a 4.0(use to be daytime’s magic number lol) declared a hit and is instantly renewed.

That said, the writing for the soaps is in terrible shape at the moment for sure. The show Yellowstone has become a sensation in its third season this past summer, it’s too bad Daytime doesn’t have the writing talent at the moment.

• Errol unpinned this topic