'Lives' Wedding Is Taking A Heavy Toll On Belle

• Members

'LIVES' WEDDING IS TAKING A HEAVY TOLL ON BELLE

Soapdish

By CAROLYN HINSEY

Mimi and Shawn head for the altar next week on "Days of Our Lives," but Shawn's true love, Belle, is about to stop the ceremony.

"On St. Patrick's Day, Belle goes to the Brady Pub and proceeds to get wasted by herself, which I love," says Martha Madison of her character's turmoil. "Lo and behold, Caroline arrives."

The married Belle confides to Shawn's grandmother that she still loves Shawn.

"Caroline tries to talk some sense into her," says Madison. "Belle basically says to her, 'You're full of it, because you've lived the same lie and you're not happy no matter how much say you are. I'm going to stop this wedding and nobody's going to stop me.'"

Belle's in a good position to do it, too - she's the matron of honor.

"As they start the wedding, Belle is really torn between her loyalties to her child, and fighting for the man she really loves," says Madison. Shawn, of course, is actually the father of Belle's baby - not Belle's husband, Philip.

"Yes, but she doesn't know that, and neither does Shawn," says Madison. "The only people that know Shawn's the dad are Kate, Bonnie and Mimi, all of whom are at the wedding doing everything they can to make sure Belle doesn't stop it and profess her love for him."

Which she finally does - sort of.

"There are like three episodes that end with, 'If anyone here ... speak now or forever hold your peace.' So finally Belle says, 'No, you can't do this!' The next day it's revealed that Chelsea's there."

Chelsea is Shawn's half-sister, who was not invited to the wedding because she ran down his little brother with her car.

"Chelsea and Shawn have a little tiff and he comes back to the altar and thanks Belle for knowing what's best for him," says Madison. "And Mimi's saying, 'You know, it's really funny, I thought Belle was going to stop the wedding because she doesn't want me to marry Shawn.' And Belle says, 'Well, actually, since the wedding's already stopped ...' But Father Jansen continues the ceremony, not letting Belle get a word in edgewise."

Shawn and Mimi make it through the "I do's," and it's on to the reception.

"There's sort of a final goodbye with Shawn and Belle at the reception, which is heartbreaking," says Madison, adding that her favorite part of Belle's crisis was the green beer at the Brady Pub.

"It was nonalcoholic, but it tasted just like beer," she says, laughing. "I'm from Texas, I like my beer. I drank a whole pitcher!"

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/e...8p-339127c.html

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Martha is such a down to earth kind of girl....the girl-next-door type. I love thta about her. She's such an awesome person and really a Godsend for the part of "Belle". I, too, like the final quote from her. :lol: It really showcases her spunky, outgoing personality....much different from the persona of the "Belle" she plays on DOOL.

BTW, Linn...I love your avatar! Deidre just look so so so radiant...

• Members

Speaking of Deidre - LMAO - I was just reading the Martha/Deidre interview from a few months ago, Deidre says that exact thing. That Martha is SO far from Belle and people don't know that.

Thank you :) That avatar is my fave of the ones I've made. She glows in that picture. I just wish I could see it myself :)

• Members

I cannot BELIEVE I was stupid enough to read these spoilers!!! DAMN ME, DAMN ME, DAMN ME, DAMN ME, DAMN ME!!! :angry:

Idiot!

I really didn't want to know the outcome of this wedding and TOTALLY thought Belle would stop the wedding and the truth would come out.

SON OF A...!!!

Criminy.

Oh well. This sounds good, too. I just wish I wasn't spoiled.

• Members

This all sounds great, I have to say. Very soapy.

I'm still pulling for Shawn and Mimi, though, and I would really like to see them embrace this !@#$%^&*]iness in Belle and run with it. I think Martha Madison would be wonderful at playing an edgier character.

• Members

The day Shawn finds out Claire is his is the most fun I'll have watching Days since September 1997, when the slap heard around the world (Carrie to Sami) hit daytime TV.

If anyone finds out before me when that day will be, let me know. I want a few cold ones on tap for this episode. :D

• Members

I'm sure it'll be a big letdown when Shawn actually finds out that Claire is his. It'll be something stupid like Shawn is shocked, but he wants to take responsibility so he agrees to help Belle with the baby but he decides to stay with Mimi or something equally idiotic and non-dramatic. Meanwhile, Phillip and Shawn will probably get into a fight or something that Belle and Mimi are forced to break up. But Phillip will still want to stay with Belle. And Belle, seeing that Shawn still wants to be with Mimi after the reveal, decides to let him go for good... and we're back to square one.

No, the thing I'm waiting for is when Shawn finds out that Mimi has known all this time. THAT'S when sparks will fly! THAT'S when Shawn will leave her and the group will really be shaken up.

I mean, just because Shawn learns that Claire is his doesn't mean he'll learn that Mimi knew all along, or that anything big will happen. That probably won't happen for another year, so... THAT'S what I'm waiting for.

Archived