RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

Years ago, I taped an episode of The Sally Jessy Raphael Show that featured BJ Thomas as a surprise for the show's guest, a morbidly obese young man whose name, I think, was Jackie. He idolized BJ and was thrilled to meet him, sit next to him and hear his story. Jackie's doctor was also present and they spoke a lot about the respective addictions (food and drugs). BJ also sang a poignant song to Jackie called "Broken Toys." I've never forgotten this show, BJ's kindness towards Jackie (and his own honesty) and have wondered what happened to that young man.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Came across this movie (called Harvey Middleman, Fireman from 1965) starring Arlene Golonka and a young Eugene Troobnick, aka Uncle Stavros on GL. Funny to me to see ET so young and without a Greek accent. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Harvey+Middleman%2c+Fireman+(1965)&docid=608044279742621093&mid=9E8CC53B4CF2878D454D9E8CC53B4CF2878D454D&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

• Members

Gavin MacCleod was a terrific actor and I mostly enjoyed TLB because of him.  One of my favorite eppies of the MTM show was a very married Murray deciding he was in love with Mary.  I laughed til I cried.  It was hilarious.  I haven't seen that eppy in eons but it's such a stand out for me.