RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

Very sorry to hear about Matthew. I remember his struggles but he always fought so hard. I was never involved with Friends but he was always a very charismatic and likeable actor. Just recently I was watching some of his short show with Valerie Bertinelli, Sydney, and he was so charming, as he never stopped being. My thoughts are with all of his fans here, and with his loved ones.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am typically not a sitcom fan but FRIENDS got me & I got it & Chandler was my character all the way! Also I would mention this show that was so good but failed, STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP. They made 22 episodes. NBC aired 10. In honor of Matthew Perry I want someone to air THE LOST EPISODES! 

Rest in Peace, you funny tortured man! 

• Members

Okay. I just watched an interview with Matthew Perry in which he said only 10 episodes aired. Just a teensy bit before the 2:00 mark. No idea why he would've said so. Not important. Obvi all aired & all currently available, too. He is so good in it. 

https://www.justwatch.com/us/tv-show/studio-60-on-the-sunset-strip

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more

• Members

What a sad way to start the day.  

Please register in order to view this content

I was never a huge fan of "Friends", though I did enjoy the first seasons, but it's impossible to deny its success, and most of that was due to the chemistry between the actors,  including Matthew. He had great comedic timing, and a very likeable presence. Of course his subsequent struggles have been no secret, so while his death is sad it's not entirely surprising.

• Members

Studio 60 aired to completion for 22 episodes. Once it flopped they just burned off the last six episodes after several months' hiatus in the summer. In any event this is all wildly off-topic.

Edited by Vee

• Members

If people can, it’s is really enlightening to read his memoir. He was crystal clear about his struggles and the sources as well as his knowledge that his struggles can and will help others and possibly avoid the struggles that he had endured. It might be too haunting to listen to the audiobook at this particular moment because he is the narrator and it is his voice that the listener will hear. 

His role as Sandy, Carol’s boyfriend is probably the first time many of us of a certain age group first noticed the presence and talent of Matthew Perry. A deeply charismatic and tragic character.