RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My mother recently saw a bit of their concert footage and told me she didn't think Naomi looked well at all. Still, I didn't expect this so soon. Heartbreaking.

I love the old Judds songs from the '80s, especially Grandpa, Tell Me Bout the Good Old Days. They were a key part of country having a more natural comeback in the '80s.  

• Members

I'm devastated over the news about Naomi Judd.  She and her daughters were all such beautiful, strong women; and the Judds were part of a really great era in country music, too, when it was still country music and not just pop/rock with twangy guitars.

• Members

On May 1st 1989, 33 yrs ago, abruptly and without warning, Larkin Douglas Watson III was felled by a heart attack. He'd just begun participating in an exercise class. Doug played Mac Cory on the P&G/NBC soap opera Another World, and the show was about to begin an 18 month long story featuring the 25th anniversary of Cory Publications. Doug had just begun a week off before beginning intensive work in the studio in Brooklyn.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

As glamorous as Naomi Judd appeared, she had some rough times. The Judds seemed strong and vulnerable, glamorous and homespun, not letting struggles define them but we all know that those struggles followed them, even with all those incredible success. 
It’s just sad, to reflect on the passing of these icons and entertainers, so many have been there on your screens, on your radios, from your youngest years, through adolescence into adulthood. Some of whom, you knew time was limited, others like Naomi Judd, you thought you would have more years to see what new projects they emerge with.

Too soon gone. R.I.P.