Racism and racial representation on soaps

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is nice and all but SAY SOMETHING NEW. Use your words. Martin Luther King has been dead for 50 years, we have got to stop whipping out this speech every time there's racial upheaval in this country.

Not that they're doing it in this case but I constantly see MLK weaponized to shut black people up and I'm tired of it. 

• Members

Oh damn. Days is gonna be tense as hell when they start filming again. Ugh! I'd kill to be a fly on the wall for that. 

Please register in order to view this content

But I am so glad that they are calling Missy Reeves out. I hope someone unearths everything about her. 

And at this stage, they can kill Jennifer off. She's not that much useful anymore anyway. 

• Members

Don't sleep on Miss Sweeney, y'all.  Someone tweeted yesterday she follows James Woods AND Candace Owens, both of whom have messages very harmful to certain groups of people.  

I don't fault folks for their beliefs and I rode with Ingo until he said there was no racism in America.  Jax can now die off screen.  However, I can't [!@#$%^&*] with anyone who agrees with hate.

Following Owens is very suspect but you'd think with Sweeney's history of being harassed by RRK, she'd have no room for predator Woods (Amber Tamblyn told him she was 16 after he hit on her but he still tried to get with her).  I guess Sweeney likes his message more than being bothered by the creepiness!