• Members

Those salaries in LA seems very difficult to manage. The smart actI’m Ed book other acting gigs or have other jobs. I know Martha Madison mentioned working as a bartender while playing Belle and of course everybody is in real estate. The OG of this though is Kate Linder who has always kept her flight attendant job. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It is funny you should mention that because I follow Michael Maelor (ex-Kyle Y&R) on social media, so I know from the neighborhood which building he lives in.  Given the percentage taken by agents, managers, and taxes, his take home pay makes him barely eligible for the rent in that building.  But, one would imagine that in the 1990s an actor with a three year contract on a soap could at least afford to buy a 1 br condo.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yeah, being a regular on a soap isn't the lucrative job it once was.   A couple of years ago, people seemed horrified that the girl who played Hillary Curtis on Y&R wasn't given a raise.  I figured she was really being valued if she wasn't asked to take a pay cut.  

• Members

Soap actors do have the benefit of receiving residuals when a soap airs overseas. The B&B actors basically have a second source of income from international airings of the show. Then again, if you're only in 78 episodes a year, even that only goes so far... I can see it only making a difference if you're in 3-4 episodes a week with a $5,000k guarantee. One of the B&B actors lives in a mansion in the Hancock Park area of Los Angeles which is close to the studio. Beautiful house, so the actor & their spouse must be doing just fine!