• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I completely agree.  I've never understood why people rave about this storyline being so great.  It was probably the most ridiculous and unbelievable serial-killer storyline ever on daytime.  I think people are afraid to criticize it or admit how stupid it was, because it was Loving's swan song. Sort of out of reverence for the show, I guess.  

Edited by Neil Johnson

• Members

I wouldn't think anything of it, except that people rave about it, including the soap "press" at that time, and its stupid...why not throw a vicious hamster in it would be as believable. 

The only other serial killer which was as stupid was Marlena the Salem Stalker...the victims had to be morons to get killed and she left so much DNA at each scene..but at least she used a gun,  a knife, poison....not something you had to buy from a James Bond villain.

• Members

I have no particular reverence for Loving, but I found the Loving Murders to be an enjoyable story. Yes, the deaths were over the top, but I didn't mind that because there was so much else grounding the story. When I think of the junk that airs today on the soaps, this story seems like a masterpiece in comparison. To me, the story is no more ridiculous than making a mobster the moral centre of a show, transforming a rapist into a romantic hero, vampires, burials, rerapings, etc. 

• Members

Only last week one of the most prolific posters in here was critical of the story. I don't think anyone is afraid of saying they don't care for it. It's certainly a flawed story but has many strong moments. 

• Members

I think the killer taking out most of the prominent family in town one by one, and how the suspects played out and the acting involved are better than the actual mechanics of the murders, and are why the attention happened at the time.  It was bold.  The specialized advertising campaign was also pretty fun.

I have only seen this story from the person that started uploading recently.  I agree the deaths have been kind of silly and over the top, but I am enjoying it.  I especially though Jeremy’s death was stupid.

It plays like masterful soap compared to what I have seen on any of the remaining ones for close to a decade though.

• 2 months later...