• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Aback here is a link for GL to a description of the character Warren Burton - who accidentally brought home a lab rat in his suitcase and it bit his wife and got Dreaming Death and died.  He released a bunch more of them later in the story, and stole the key to the vaccine to try and make money.  

https://www.soapcentral.com/gl/whoswho/warren.php

• Members

Lhasa Fever, General Hospital, 1979

(Off the top of my head, the most significant events that came from this storyline was that Rick and Monica hooked up, resulting in her assuming he was A.J.'s father, and the reveal that Steve Hardy was Jeff Webber's father.)

The plague, The Doctors, 1982

(I don't care how valuable a necklace is, if it was buried with somebody, just let it be.)

• Members

From what I've read over the years, many critics and fans believed the Dreaming Death was something that belonged on GH, not GL.

No, I don't believe it was THE Plague, lol.

So, was Doug Marland responsible for Lassa Fever?  Or was it Pat Falken Smith?

Edited by Khan

From what i've seen online of the Dreaming Death only Lesley Ann died. It was the first big lead story Hilary Bauer had in years. I mostly liked it because it showcased Hilary. From the random episodes  and clips. The Dreaming Death was isolated from the other stories. I could be wrong but the Dreaming Death didn't crossover into other stories. A good chunk happen in San Rios with Hilary, Jim and Fletcher. It also didn't last very long. Maybe about 2 months. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I re-read the summaries this afternoon. It was closer to Legionnaire's Disease. Also, interesting tidbits, that it was first seen in Madison around 1900, had roots in Asia and ye olde Aldrichs used their influence to bury the story.