Favorite "B" Slaps Of The Soaps

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I posted this one in the Best Soap Scenes thread but this easily makes a list of good soap B*tch slaps.  And this Slaps, plural.  God, I hope that Finn Carter is doing better. I hope you can see this video, I remember there were some compatibility issues viewing on mobile for a few people.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Val slapping Abby is one of my favorites from Knots, and Donna sells her part of it more than Joan.  But I still love it.

But my favorite is from GH- Lesley slapping Monica. And the first time I eve saw it was during that primetime GH anniversary special.  Thanks to YouTube I have now seen the entire scene!  The close up, the vitriol from Monica.  It’s visceral and fantastic and the kind of stuff soaps used to do so well.  The great stuff starts in this clip around 6 minutes.

• Members

@titan1978 - It's even more satisfying to watch this with the knowledge that within a year, Rick, Lesley and Monica will all be at Kelly's and Rick and Lesley will completely ignore Monica. And there's nothing Monica can do except plot with Kathy on how to expose Alan's affair with Susan!

• Members

Oh you’ll want this dear.

So great!

I wish it wasn’t like that.  I wish they show had continually reinvested in their rivalry.  Imagine if Lesley was the first person to find out about Alan and Susan.  And she told Monica not for revenge, but because it’s what she would have wanted when it was happening to her.

• Members

Yeah.  It also makes me sad at how much of what she does best has not been utilized on the show in decades, some of which I know during JFP was because of her looks.  Monica is at her best when she is simmering and boils over.  The fact that for the longest time she was allowed to be a good doctor and also selfish, sexual, scheming and loving is the kind of writing nobody gets now.

The thing I remembered being amazed about the most during Labine‘s tenure was how many of the GH vets could do more nuanced, naturalistic acting alongside the heightened version interpretations of their characters that had been in play for a long time.  For so long the show had been so big, it was cool to see people like Alan and Monica show a more natural style while still seeming like their characters.

I just love the intensity of that scene.  Also scenes of Laura around this time- just a raw nerve of emotions.  Monty really knew how to wring out the drama when she had good writing to back her production up.

Edited by titan1978

• 6 months later...