• Members

Kyle and Theo both have more chemistry with Mariah (and each other) than either of them do with Summer/Lola, and I think that is 1) hilarious and 2) a huge/more interesting missed opportunity. Why not have Theo pursue Mariah as a "challenge", Kyle find out and get a little jealous... that story literally writes itself and the drama/angst is there for the taking. And Summer should still be obsessed/going after Billy or even Rey or Chance (Abbey honestly should be Summer's rival, not Lola and Phyl shouldn't be wasting her time with Abbey, lol). I just don't see her with these young guys anymore. It all comes off as forced, now. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My concern with the Sharon cancer story is that while it may be worthy and 'realistic' it might not be particularly dramatic or compelling. We know Sharon will survive and if Rey doesn't stand by her, he'll come off as a total loser. There was talk of it continuing most of the year. I'm not sure that can be front burner all that time...

There has to be other stuff going on in Sharon's life that can serve the cancer storyline.

• Members

I said the same thing when that disease-loving bastard, Josh Griffith, saddled Nikki with multiple sclerosis.  If JG had it in mind to kill off Nikki -- well, that would have been an absolute downer, and a way to lose viewers.  (Look at what happened to GH once people figured out Stone would succumb to AIDS).  However, if we KNEW Nikki wasn't going to die, or even be physically ravaged by the effects of the disease beyond the pain in her hands whenever she tried playing the piano, what was the point?  Where was the suspense?

At the very least, Sharon's cancer battle should provide a catalyst for an eventual reconciliation and reunion between her and Nick -- but we all know how Joshua Morrow feels about that happening.  So, again, what is the point?

If I were writing this story, I would have Rey track down Sharon's long-missing father, in the hopes that their reunion will aid in Sharon's recovery.  Better yet, Sharon's dad could turn up in Genoa City, and Rey could attempt to stop him from meeting Sharon, because he's afraid the shock of seeing her father again after all these years could adversely affect her recovery.

In the meantime, Nick and Phyllis are inching toward another reunion; however, Nick is also preoccupied with Sharon's health, which has Phyllis feeling alienated.  That way, when Sharon and her dad inevitably reunite, and Sharon realizes Rey has been keeping her dad from her, Rey and Sharon could wind up on the outs; and after Nick and Phyllis argue over his increased involvement in Sharon's life and his concern over her dad's sudden reappearance, Phyllis finds herself on the outs with Nick as well, leaving her vulnerable for the inevitable ONS with a very heartbroken Rey.

Edited by Khan

• Members

And after a well deserved slap at Phyllis's face from Sharon after finding out about Rey/Phyllis's ONS, she and Nick get back together.

Please register in order to view this content

Of course I'm bias on that last point.

LOve how you think so. Either possibility with her dad sounds great.

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap for tomorrow's episode, Kyle and Lola will decide to end their marriage. He will say that he's not completely over Summer and she's in his heart and Lola will admit that Theo gets her like Summer gets Kyle. After Kyle and Lola admit these things, they will agree to end their marriage.Kyle will also tell Lola that he will go get a hotel room. Kyle will end up seeing Summer aftewards and Lola will tell Theo that she really needs a friend and asks him to stick around. 

Also, Amanda's ex fiance Ripley Turner will pop up in her hotel room tomorrow. 

• Members

Maybe this is just a bump in the road. As much as I hated the idea of them married so soon (if at all) breaking them up so easily is also ridiculous. There's way more stuff they can go through before any thoughts of splitting.Shoddy writing.

Sharon finding her father is an obvious story. He could have been in jail, Sharon could have a sibling etc

Maybe TPTB don't want anyone over 40 brought on as the desired demo won't like it.

Lola's parents didn't stick around.

BTW where is Doris?

• Members

That's what I'd like to know.  Nobody seems to know whether the woman is even dead or alive. People claim they don't care because she was mean to Sharon but from what I remember, she wasn't so much mean as she was abrupt and slightly abrasive in personality.  Perhaps if more people had ended up consigned to a wheelchair the way Doris reportedly was (her backstory is somewhat opaque), they might be abrupt and abrasive too. In any case, it's poor storytelling to not have resolved/dissolved the relationship onscreen.  As many go rounds as the Nick/Victoria have had with their parents, other characters should've had some opportunities too with their parents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

At least it got rid of Cane!

Like how MAB turned Liz Foster into a questionable mess, MAB turned Doris into being extremely unnecessarily antagonistic to Sharon right before Sharon’s faked death in 2011. After Sharon was presumed dead, we then had a distraught and remorseful  Doris come visit Noah & Faith...and poof we never have seen Doris again, not even when Sharon was found alive not any mention of interaction with her since. I can’t fathom why the show ever just tossed Doris aside like that. But since the show was hellbent on making Sharon the town psycho the MAB/Sheffer/Hamner, JG 2.0, Altman/Passanante, and Pratt years I see why they deliberately ignored the character.