January 2020 General Hospital Discussion Thread

• Members

I cannot stand Spinelli. I wasn't watching during the Spixie "supercouple" days but I don't want him around permanently. I feel like TPTB have finally wised up to how disastrous Peter and Maxie/Peter have been though and are setting up a Spixie redux, whether it's permanent or a one night stand. I'm sure Wes Ramsey will somehow, against all odds, keep his job but I can't see Maxie and Peter recovering from all this and they shouldn't. They have like 1% of the viewer support. Horrid.

Amanda Setton was always going to set the screen ablaze as Brook Lynn and I'm glad they've let her inject comedy into the role. 

Nelle as Shiloh's widow was predictable months ago but it's so fun to finally see it play out and not have to wait a year for the reveal to happen. I do hope this is Chloe Lanier's last ATM stop though. I need Nelle to go out in a final blaze of glory. It's time for Chloe and the show to both move on at this point. They could've easily placed Chloe back into the opening with an old headshot but they didn't, so I don't think either party views her "recurring status" as permanent a la Bobbie or Monica. It's just surprising how long this story is taking to play out. I assume it'll come to a head in "February sweeps."

I actually like Michael and Willow's chemistry but, as pretty as they both are, Sofia and Katelyn are very limited actresses. I actually think Sofia might be a little stronger than Katelyn but both need some major work. They're not bad or unwatchable but they're also not very good. Extremely green. There's a depth issue that becomes very apparent in deep emotional scenes of sorrow or anger - they ring hollow. I actually think Josh and Donnell (don't hate me!) have the same limitations but get a pass because the viewers think they're hot. I wish they'd get an acting coach in here for an intense boot camp for these people, haha.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'd hope this is Nelle's final blaze of glory. But who knows at this point? I think it's time as well to wrap it all up but considering how boring the show has been up until November of last year, I'll take it at the moment. And yeah it was predictable but I kinda forgot about it so I was here for the cliffhanger. I still kinda rolled my eyes but I'm at the point where I'll take anything I can get that resembles drama.

I think Josh and Donnell have a natural charm to them that works. I do see what you're saying about them though and don't entirely disagree. I also agree on the two ladies. Both have some potential but they're green. I also agree I'd go with Sasha over Willow (who should have been Lucy's daughter and Harmony should have been Julie Devlin, but I digress).

And true on Setton. She's just perfection as Brook Lynn. I also love that Jane/Tracy has been around for it. "Granny" gets me each and every time. I like they're giving Setton some leg room. She's talented and they need her, IMHO. I also notice Jane seems thrilled to be there and I love how she smiles to herself proudly when Brook Lynn acts like a Quartermaine.

And yep on Wes Ramsey. I'm sure they'll find a way. We're still stuck with other pets so ...

Honestly, I hate Peter and Maxie so much that I'm surprisingly here for Spinelli (edit: and I'm sure I'll want him gone again at some point ...). And I shared the same dislike for him you did. I couldn't stand him. But it's almost nice to see him, which tells you how bad the show was getting ... I'm guessing Bradford's staying on recurring so ... who knows? I feel like Spinelli will be the Robert to Maxie's Anna who's propping Peter's Finn (I don't really hate Finn, just using it as an example to make my point). We'll see. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I think there was a small rumor

I am hoping he is Trina's uncle & Gia is her Mom who didnt tell Nikolas she was having his kid

Gia left late 2013 so maybe she was pregnant when she left

Edited by John

• Members

That's my hope as well. Wonder if he's just visiting, sticking around ... ?

Pretty sure it wasn't an accident Trina encountered Nikolas at Ava's gallery. IMO. Also makes sense now that Ava has taken Trina under her wing. Then they tie her to Nikolas ... I can see it going in that direction and I'm here for it.

EDIT: I demand immediate Laura/Trina scenes. LOL. PLEASE let Trina be Laura's granddaughter!

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Has Trina said anything about her mom? I honestly can't remember. Maybe Gia died? Hopefully not. Not sure if I want a recast if it isn't Ramirez, but after Brook Lynn and Nikolas' recastings, maybe they get it right again?

I guess I'm also a bit confused about Trina's parentage. Was she adopted? I really needed to pay attention more last year I guess LOL

Edited by KMan101