Soap Actors Famous Relatives

• Members

Slick Jones mentioned in the Soap Hoppers thread that Patrick O'Connell (Neil Everest GL) was the father of singer Billie Ellish .

That got me thinking about actors well known in soaps that had siblings/spouses/relatives etc that had made a name for themselves in other areas.

Hope you can add to this list.

To begin

Maeve Kincaid (Vanessa GL) is the sister in law of Meryl Streep.

Joan Copeland (Andrea SFT, Monica HTSAM etc ) is the sister of playwright Arthur Miller (Death of A Salesman etc) and one time sister in law of Marilyn Monroe.

Hugh Franklin (Charles AMC) was married to author Madeleine L'Engle (A Wrinkle in Time)

Over to you guys...

Edited by Paul Raven

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Great thread! Some big ones off the top of my head:

The late Christopher Lawford (Charlie, AMC) was the son of Peter Lawford and was also a Kennedy scion (the nephew of JFK)

Scott Evans (Fish, OLTL) is the brother of Chris Evans, aka Captain America

Rhonda Ross Kendrick (Toni, AW) is the daughter of Diana Ross and Motown founder Berry Gordy, half-sister of Tracee Ellis Ross, and sister-in-law of Ashlee Simpson. Through Gordy, she is also the half-sister of Rockwell (“Somebody’s Watching Me”) and Redfoo (of LMFAO).

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Tiffani Caesar (Nella Franklin #1, ATWT) is the daughter of film and theater actor Adolph Caesar (A Soldier's Story, The Color Purple). 

Jake Weary (Luke Snyder 2004, ATWT) is the son of Kim Zimmer (Reva Shayne Lewis, GL). 

Phil Morris (Tyrone Jackson, Y&R) is the son of Greg Morris (Mission Impossible).

Jennifer Landon (Gwen Munson, ATWT), is the daughter of Michael Landon (Bonanza, Little House on The Prairie)

Julianne Moore (Frannie Hughes, ATWT) and Marisa Tomei (Marcy Thompson, ATWT) are cousins, only they didn't know it at the time they were on the show at the same time, although since they are distantly related, you can't blame them, lol.

Scott Bryce (Craig Montgomery #1, ATWT), is the son of Ed Bryce (Bill Bauer, GL)

Lauralee Bell, daughter to Bill Bell Sr.

Finn Carter (Sierra Esteban Montgomery, ATWT), is the cousin of President Jimmy Carter.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

@ChitHappens I'm surprised I remembered her so quickly.  Gwen wasn't exactly a favorite character of mine, lol.

Back to Topic,

pop star Billie Eilish is the daughter of Maggie Baird (Taylor Baldwin, ATWT).

MLB Chicago White Sox pitcher Lucas Giolito is the son of Lindsey Frost (Betsy Stewart Andropoulous, ATWT) and Rick Giolito (Nick Castello, ATWT)

• Members

Robert Lipton (Jeff Ward, ATWT) was the brother of Peggy Lipton.

Fran Heflin (Mona, AMC) was the sister of Van Heflin and aunt of Marta Heflin.

John Clarke (Mickey, Days) was the father of Melinda Clarke.

Hogan Sheffer was the brother of Craig Sheffer.

• Members

Judy Lewis (ex-Susan, SECRET STORM; ex-Barbara Vining, GH), who also worked BTS as a producer (TEXAS) and writer (SFT), was the daughter of Academy Award winners Loretta Young and (now it can be told) Clark Gable.  (IIRC, she was conceived during the filming of 1935's "Call of the Wild.")

Steven Ford (ex-Andy, Y&R) is, of course, the son of the late, 38th President of the United States, Gerald R. Ford; and his wife, Betty, whose clinic has helped countless, high-profile celebrities get off the pills, booze and needles over the past few decades.

And Clementine Ford (ex-Mac, Y&R) is the daughter of legendary model/"singer"/homewrecker/"actress," Cybill Shepherd.

Edited by Khan