DOOL APP: The Last Blast Reunion

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I HATE that they tossed Lucas aside for EJ (and motherf'n Rafe).  Lumi really should be endgame... I know Sheffer never would've made EJami "soulmates."  And honestly, it was really Tomsell that deified EJami... Higley and MarDar were all about showing how sick they were together, despite their attraction.  And Tomsell initially seemed like they were going back to Safe (::barf::) but maybe tptb finally gave into the EJami stans.

Daniel Jonas is one of the worst things to ever happen on "Days" in the 19 years I've been a fan... his terrible legacy lives on through Nicole, Chloe, Eric, Parker, Holly, and Maggie, too.  We can't even forget about him ever!  Lol.  The only thing I can appreciate about him is that even though he really sullied Jennifer, Tomsell (bc of Dr. Dan) wrote her and her kids as the anchor Hortons and that family as "the center/heart of the show" REALLY worked/s for me.  And before he was cast as Daniel, I actually wanted SC as Austin.  And Ty Treadway as Mike, lolol.  Never thought about Cosgrove as Mike... but that sounds great!

I'd love Mike back.  And Lucas.  I don't know why every writer has had a creative issue with him since Sheffer???  But I don't care for Lucas Horton... he's Lucas ROBERTS to me always.  He worked well as the black sheep Horton... Bill's branch being all messy with Mike's paternity, Jenn's parent issues, and both of them never really accepting Lucas was so much better than the normal stepford Horton stuff they characterize them as nowadays.  And why aren't Bill & Laura on recurring??

I'd love this!  Krista Allen's Billie was onto Gina during the original story.

• Members

Lucas and Sami should have been endgame with their history. I'll never buy EJ as the love of Sami's life. I feel like there's a hole in the show without Lucas. He helps center the Hortons.

Maybe...MAYBE...if this does really well, the show will consider a real online spin-off series with more episodes. I've always thought the online versions of AMC and OLTL were just a few years ahead of their time. Now, people think nothing of streaming.

• Members

YES to all this. Lumi should've been endgame, but they should at least bring Lucas back full-time. And ditto bring back Mike, Laura, and Bill. The last actor who played Bill at Alice's funeral in 2010 could return. 

Dang, JKJ still has that chiseled jawline. 

Ima need them to do some heavy duty explaining on Jan Spears and not just pretend the stuff in 2004-05 didn't happen. 

P.S. DAYS, you *still* never explained why in 2012, when Kristen DiMera returned, nobody was shocked she was alive. According to almost all of Salem, she died in The Killing Pool, and they never knew about Penelope Kent. And how did Kristen escape the central American dungeon? Sigh.... 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I think so, @Darn.  I think Corday IS preparing to move DAYS over to streaming-only if/when NBC decides to air the show no longer.  Then, once it does move over to streaming, DAYS will adopt a more telenovela-like format, with self-contained arcs.  That's why the first one was "Chabby in Paris," and this upcoming one is "Return of the Salem 7."

• Members

ICAM.  Even if a streaming-only version of DAYS (or any other soap) had only ten regular characters and two or three standing sets (IOW, THE DOCTORS for the 21st century, lol), it's better than the telenovela approach, which I've never been fond of, TBH.  Even PORT CHARLES essentially surrendered that idea once Caleb (or whichever character Michael Easton played at that moment) caught on.

Edited by Khan