DOOL APP: The Last Blast Reunion

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm so stoked about this... when they graduated in 2002, I was finishing my freshman year of high school and had been watching just over two years.  However, shortly after this time, I wound up being so annoyed by them (that college year with Rex & Cassie and the dating show was rough).  Then as the Reilly 2.0 years went on, it was sad to see all the unrealized potential with Mimi/Shawn/Belle/Philip.  The Shelle/Phelle triangle got legs with Sheffer, but then Chloe strangely returned a villain and Higley ::poof:: wrote Shelle out along with a grip of other characters and Chloe (and Brady) transitioned into the Nicole/EJ/Sami/Rafe/Lucas group and Philip eventually played opposite Steph/Nate/Mel.  JPL's turn as Phil was a disaster... he only worked at the very end once Shelle were gone... he and Kate were hilarious at Lucas & Adrienne's wedding.  I'll be thrilled to see JKJ back and I'm crossing my fingers he'll pop up on the main show... I was very disappointed they didn't work Austin in when he was back for Chabby in Paris... it's so weird that Kate doesn't have any of her kids on the show.

• Members

I'd take JPL over Brandt anyday if JKJ wasn't ever an option again. Once JPL lost the tics and they gave him some ok exit material, he was better. But yeah, JKJ just *is* Philip. I'm beyond thrilled to see him in the role again. I was losing hope.

Never *ever* thought I'd say this, but it's a shame Farah Galfond couldn't make it work. The recast looks fine though. Just a shame.

Ron's just bringing everyone back. One of the reasons I'm glad he's writing DAYS (controversial statement, I'm aware ...)

And the show (Corday? I'm assuming) needs to get over it that Jason Cook isn't interested, accept Brandon is liked well enough as Shawn and use DAYS cheerleader Martha as Belle. Permanently. I'm tired of the comings and goings. I'm hopeful they're still returning to the main show but now I wonder if it was just for the webseries. Though it seems Olivia Rose Keegan has been on set. (EDIT: I heard Martha lives in Texas now? So I guess it's just visits? Unless they give her a contract and reason to move back, she loves the show and would return in a heartbeat)

And since Lauren Koslow posted a photo with Jay, I'm guessing it was him filming the webseries. Hopefully though Jay, Nadia, Brandon and Martha return to the main show permanently. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

She was my favorite.  Unless she's moved on from acting, I'm assuming she would... she seemed so down to work, and said she wanted Billie SO BAD (she auditioned for Billie in '96 and '02 before getting her in '04).  I know her turn as ATWT's Janet was controversial, but for her sake, I'm glad she must've made some good $$ considering she was so overexposed.  Hope she and Billy Warlock made it work this time (Frankie & Billie were such a missed opportunity!).

• Members

I love Lisa and Julie as Billie for different reasons, but I'm good with Lips popping in for visits here and there. Ron's already used her once [last February]. I think Julie and Billy are living outside of California but I'm not sure on that. I imagine both would be more than willing to return to DAYS if they were asked but who knows?

I don't see the need for Billie to be a regular character right now.

Agreed that Kate needs a kid or two in town. Mothering Chad and Gabi doesn't cut it. I imagine we get Philip back after this Last Blast stuff.

To be fair to Kate, though, she DOES have a grandson in town. And at least her first scenes after the time jump were with him. 

I feel like Ron wanted to write for Bryan/Lucas but that seemed to get quickly cut. I'm also resentful that EJ was presented as Sami's love of her life soulmate instead of Lucas. He SO got the shaft.

It bugs me a lot that neither Mike or Lucas are around to help anchor the Horton's further. We never should have had nearly a decade of Daniel Jonas. Mike could have filled most of that and we'd avoid the awful Dannifer pairing .... Mike could have banged Kate [hello, family drama!], stolen Chloe from half brother Lucas [who stole her from HIS half-brother], banged Nicole ... if the show desperately wanted Shawn Christian on the show, he could have been Mike, or Daniel Cosgrove could have been Mike and paired with Kayla instead ....

Edited by KMan101