DOOL APP: The Last Blast Reunion

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree on Bill and Laura. Both should be recurring. I once thought John Reilly would have made a great Bill. I liked John Martin in 2010 but he felt too young in the role for me.

And where is Marie? Her grandson was in town from 2006-2009 and again from 2012-2014 and not one visit. But at least she was there in 2010, the year he wasn't, for Alice's funeral. She'd also have added a lot of depth to the Nicole/Eric priest stuff in 2012/2013. At least we saw Jessica in 2012, that was a nice treat. Tomsell started strong (apart from killing Jack and writing out Austin and Carrie, Austin should have died and Carrie should have stayed).

Why haven't they bothered to try Jeremy again? I guess since Mike was never in town, why bother? And it was such a bad plot in 2007. I always thought that would have made more sense if it were Alex Kiriakis instead of Jeremy then.

Linsey Godfrey really should have a recast Stephanie Johnson and Melissa Archer could have been Sarah. I won't let that one go, LOL!

I've heard someone is sour on Drake Hogestyn and it feels like they share the same distaste for Thaao and Bryan as all three are often sidelined or written out.

At least Matt Ashford feels safe for a change. He must feel good to see Jack actually valued as a character on the canvas.

Anyway, such missed opportunities all over. Like how the show is incapable of writing for Shawn, Belle, Philip and Chloe. But by god Rafe somehow sticks around for a decade.

And preach on your entire post. I agree completely with all of it. 

Anyway ... I need to get on watching the Last Blast reunion. lol. Sorry for veering the thread everyone!

I'm dead. Bury me right now.

Philip. Jay's handsome gorgeous face. I really didn't think we'd see him as Philip again until the very end of the show. But if anyone was going to do it it would be Ron. That's one reason I wanted Ron as HW of DAYS. Just rewatch GH 2012/2013. It's not great storytelling but it's a love letter to GH fans. It holds up much better than today's garbage.

Craig and Nancy. TOGETHER. With Chloe. TOGETHER. Jesus finally. Sadly all Ron has to do is fan-bait me. I'll take it at this point.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It was actually JS and AS who had a meeting with TPTB and demanded that EJami were given a real chance as a couple, or so I've heard. But you are right when Tomlin and Whitesell took over as head writers after MarDar they were going back to Rafe and Sami. And then poof, Rafe walked around aimlessly for months until that random thing with Kate and then he spent a long time in a coma. Enter Jordan which eventually fizzled. During Tomlin/Whitesell's last year as writers Rafe was a manager at Victor's club. TPTB really seemed to struggle to keep Rafe relevant once Safe ended in 2012.

Because?

• Members

Because, there is no genuine sexual or romantic chemistry between Darbo and Spirtas (and for reasons that have nothing to do with her dress size or his sexuality, so whatever you're implying with that remark, @Sindacco, knock it off).  Moreover, I don't buy a man like Craig Wesley being devoted to ANY woman, let alone to Nancy.  To me, Craig came across too much as a heel to see Nancy as anything more than a meal ticket.

IA.  Martin came across as younger than Christopher Stone, who came across as younger than Ed Mallory!  At this rate, if they were to recast Bill again, we could end up with someone like Ryan Paevey!

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'm not implying anything, it was a question so calm down.

Your interpretation of Craig is exactly how I saw him his first year on the show. Nancy even said early on that she would take her daddy's money and leave if Craig didn't become COS. But that whole dynamic changed once Chloe came along and Craig and Nancy's main purpose on the show were as her parents.

• Members

Which was a mistake, IMO, because it watered down the two to a certain degree.

And I apologize if I misread your previous reply.  I was afraid you were accusing me of being a fat-shamer or someone who thinks gay actors can't "play straight" convincingly.

• Members

I'm actually intrigued by this one...bringing all of the "last blast" crew together is a great nostalgic mood. If it turns out to be popular, I wonder if they're considering an ongoing online off-shoot of these characters. There's certainly enough story possibilities there.

• Members

Nah, I think Spirtas could "play straight" convincingly.  I just couldn't (and still can't) buy him or his character being in a loving, if dysfunctional, relationship with Darbo's Nancy, who came across more like his mother or aunt than his wife or sexual/romantic partner.

Like I said before, I don't believe Craig (as he was introduced) would ever see Nancy as anything more than his frumpy but wealthy (through her father) wife, keeping him in the lavish lifestyle he'd grown accustomed to, while, on the side, he chased everything in a skirt.  If anything, a Bill Bell-type of HW would've played up those aspects of their relationship from beginning to end, with Craig hopping from one bimbo's bed to another, while Nancy alternately goes on crash diets and binge-eats over his husband's continued infidelities; until she finally realizes she can do WAY better, kicks his ass to the proverbial curb (and, more importantly, cuts him off financially) and finds a man who truly loves her for her and not for her bank account.

Also, at the risk of offending others further, I kind of hated how they made Chloe their biological daughter.  Craig could've been Chloe's bio dad, but by another woman, one he abandoned once he learned she was pregnant.  Then, Nancy would have bonded with Chloe in a different way (as surrogate mom, or mother figure, rather than as her bio mom) because she always wanted to be a mother but was unable to conceive a child with Craig.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I like that they didn't have them fall into those archetypes. I'm a big fan of ride or die couples, especially when they don't "look" like they're supposed to be together. I think that's largely why they took off so well, it wasn't him just using her for her money, she was actively supporting him in being a scoundrel and he loved her for it. I've always thought it was a shame that Chloe became the focus too, she's super boring.

• Members

I'm with ya. Craig and Nancy were fun together but once they became boring, no thanks. I agree with you on how their relationship was and should have been.

I also thought Chloe was destined to be Stefano's daughter. It made sense and seemed they were teasing it. Not that he needed any more kids, but still ... (and Greta would have been John's) but then, bam, Craig's suddenly the father and most of us were scratching our head but ok with it because of how close Chloe and Craig were. Lots of missed potential in the Langan era.