They escaped at the right time!

• Members

This I agree with. She stayed too long IMO. Her last season and the marriage with Greg just didn't work in the way he did with Paige or Laura. The way Knots was written characters could come and go so it was fine. Even Val's exit didn't hurt the show, although it's disappointing considering she was embarking her first story with William Devane and their chemistry was through the freaking roof. 

As for Dallas, I agree about Bobby's return hurting them. They could've easily said he was revived off camera and being held captive by Angelica Nero thus tying him directly into that seasons cliffhanger. She could barter her freedom with his release. Easy and would've prevented them having to repeat stories and kill off Jaime a second time.

Someone I feel will be added to this list is Loren Lott. Had she been white she would've been Y&R's leading lady and one of the biggest soap finds in years. She truly had it all, but they neglected her for obvious reasons. When she left she instantly got a series regular gig on an upcoming show and I feel that is just the beginning for her. Y&R gave her enough visibility to carry her I feel. She is a star in the waiting and they'll look incredibly stupid when he career blows up.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You have to remember, though, Larry Hagman and Leonard Katzman were eager to get rid of Barbara Carrera and everything else about that season they felt didn't work.  Your scenario, while plausible, would've extended her stay.

• Members

Would have loved that. The cliffhanger in 1985-86 could have been the reveal Bobby was alive and the barter for his release could have been the first two episodes of 86-87

Edited by John

• Members

Just read a Jon-Michael Reed column about Judith Light. He stated she had been made a script writer on the show, which I had never known, he doesn't mention when that occured or give more detail but was in reference to OLTL trying to keep her around. So I wonder if she had stayed she might have been dictating her own story or if Rauch would have put an end to that. He also mentions her last air date was Friday Jan 07, 1983. For anyone interested in that info.