Former Days and GH actor arrested

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Very scary indeed.  My mother's 2nd husband was the nicest person you ever want to meet.  He took in 10 kids as his own (my parents were from the south and large families are almost mandatory) but when he drank, it was horrible, ugly and sad.  The money he didn't give to the family went towards the bottle.  During binges, he would cry, mess himself and collapse in a fetal position.  If you guys have never seen addiction up close, what you read doesn't come within 1/1,000 of reality.  If TC doesn't get help soon, I fear for his life.  

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

I keep reading stuff from fans online saying this is GH’s fault, Frank’s fault, etc, and the show should hire him to give him the motivation to get better.  Frank has a lot to be at fault for but this is not one of those things.

This is not how addiction and recovery works.  Yes, they need support to get better.  But not enabling to stay a course that is not working.  He needs lots of help that has nothing to do with job.

• Members

That won't work. I will never understand how some people think appeasing an addict works.

The only reason I suggested Nikolas being recast had something to do with this incident is because that fits the M.O of an addict, "Someone/something hurt me, let me numb the pain"

• Members

I've seen people in dark places come back from the brink in daytime. Michael Nader let an intense drug problem lead him to several very public flameouts, a well-covered police situation, and an unceremonious recast and dismissal. Most of us never thought he'd be seen again. But Nader - weathered but sober, strong and classy - returned on AMC 2.0 and played Dimitri again, the prince I remembered from my childhood. I never thought that would happen. So it's definitely possible. I hope Tyler gets well.

And no, it's not Frank's fault. He gave Nathaniel Marston at OLTL many chances. Probably Brandon Buddy too.

• Members

Here's the latest update: 

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/15/general-hospital-tyler-christopher-guilty-plea-public-intoxication-no-alcohol-treatment-program/

Tyler Christopher -- best known for his appearances on "General Hospital" for 20 years -- got a break from the judge in his public intoxication case because the judge rejected the plea of a cop who begged hizzoner to put Tyler into a treatment program for alcoholism.

Tyler was ordered to pay a $440 fine. He's got until next week to fork over the dough. And, that's it ... he didn't get probation and the judge did NOT order him to enter into an alcohol treatment program.