BET - Tyler Perry's 'The Oval'

London

• Members

Lets be clear; the show's arent great but knowing what he was putting out before, they are a vast improvement. The worst thing about the show is the acting as Im convinced he just hired a bunch of IG models but the pacing seems better as does the dialogue. My biggest problem with the OWN shows is that scenes would last 5 or more minutes and it would be repetitive dialogue dragging things out. Thats less of an issue here.

I think this show is better than Sistas. Its one of those, its so bad, its good. An absolute trainwreck which you can see from the gifs. Im finding it hilarious

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

O...M...G....This show is off the chain crazy. When the First Lady hit herself in the head in the middle of her tantrum I spit out my tea in laughter. Well...at least she didn't use a taser on family member in this one.

And what is up with the creepy brother making odd comments to his sister that border on weird flirting.

I'm not sure what to make of the show in general. Is it horrible? Is it kitsch at its best? Is it some sort of weird accidental genius. I don't know, but I'm still watching.

We're still in the first 24 hours of these characters lives and so much s&%t has gone down in that time that it's mind boggling. I love how the family with kidnapped granddaughter has practically forgotten about her already...and it's just been HOURS. The grandmother just acts like this is all another Tuesday or something...cult breaks into your house, forcibly removes your granddaughter, your son is falsely accused of rape and now maybe murder, your ex-daughter-in-law HAS been murdered...and you're missing a knife in the kitchen, your husband loses his job, still no idea where your grandkid is...and the woman makes sandwiches with a shrug and a "Lord, help!"

If you're not watching, you should because this is soap on HEROIN.

• Members

I was coming to post about her running into the wall. That was a scene that requires oxygen to watch, because that was hilarious. Tyler Perry comes up with the craziest ideas.

Of course, that's probably what Melania Trump does when he husband takes off his clothes.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I have BET+ so I decided to watch and my Gawd!  Another mess!  I now look forward to this show each week because its so bad it's funny as hell.  The plots/stories mean absolutely nothing to me.  The interaction of the characters is so wild and hilarious.  

Hopefully, Kron Moore (Veronica) will find other work because she has the goods.  

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Am only caught up; have binge-watched the first season and first-half of the second the past week, and damn... I am hooked. Ed Quinn and Kron Moore were perfectly cast. I'm just upset BET airs edited-language. I want it fully uncut.

However, the fact Tyler Perry is the most-created is the series' problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...