Y&R: Fall Preview

• Members

Here is some more information from SID about Nate and Amanda:

Nate will invite Amanda to play a game of pool with him at the Grand Phoenix. He will want to get to know her better. He wants to try and protect Devon who he feels is dealing with his emotions of her her being around as a reminder of Hilary, but he also wants to give Amanda a fair chance. Nate wants to find out who she really is without having an preconceived notions of her, and while he's not setting her up to get information, he might find something that could help Devon. However, when he is playing pool with her he finds out that he has a lot in common with her. She's a Type A personality and he will see her humanity.

Sean Dominic says that Nate has a soft spot for women with strong and unique personalities. As Nate is trying to figure out Amanda, Abby might not like seeing her boyfriend play a friendly game of pool with Amanda, especially since her last relationship with Arturo implode with Arturo due to cheating. Sean says that even though Nate is just being friendly with Amanda he could see that being a problem with his and Abby's relationship.

I am interested in seeing these scenes with Nate/Amanda. I think they have chemistry and I have enjoyed them interacting together so far. 

Edited by xtr

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

How has Amanda been received by the rest of Genoa City? Has much been made by Jack, Phyllis, Mariah, et al of her resemblance to Hilary? This all sounds so mundane for the introduction of a Hilary doppelgänger, especially considering how central Hilary was to a lot of characters.

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap, on tomorrow's show Cane is going to get a text from Chance telling him it's too risky to meet in public. He gives Cane a place and time to meet him at. Once Cane shows up someone knocks him in the head and drags him off. Things will also get tense between Jill and Devon when they talk about Cane and the will and he accuses her of wanting to ensure there is no hard feelings if Katherine's final wishes really were to give Cane that inheritance. Her and Cane will also talk, he will tell her he's meeting with Chance. She will tell him that she understands that Devon is upset and  she will tell him that if the new version of the will is correct she feels they should honor Katherine's wishes.

Devon and Amanda will also interact. He will ask her about Chance disappearing and tell her he suspects she feels they are both being played and wonders what she got herself into. Amanda will say he doesn't know what she's thinking and leave. Elena and Nate will also interact. Elena will tell Nate she's worried about Devon and his focus on Amanda the will. Earlier in the episode Devon will be searching for Amanda online and find out that she doesn't have an internet presence. Elena will want him to hire someone to investigate her, but he doesn't want to do that. He will tell Elena he is flying out Tucker's assistant. Nate will reassure Elena and tells her that he believes that Devon wants to find out more about Tucker's role in things and that things will settle down. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I haven't seen anything yet mentioning that they have been recast or will be recast any time soon. I did see someone on Twitter say that Tristan Rogers/ Colin would be coming back before the year is over. (Though, I haven't seen official confirmation of that by a valid source anywhere). The show doesn't seem to be in any rush to bring back Chance. I could see them continuing to throw his name around, but him not show up anytime soon. Especially if the report about Colin coming back is indeed true. Maybe they will say someone was pretending like Chance was behind the stuff with the will or he was forced to do it. But keep him and (also Tucker) off screen.

Also in a preview that shows some scenes for next week Amanda mentions that she shouldn't have let an "old" jerk drag her into this mess with the will. Devon will question her about this and say she can't be talking about Chance. I think she could be talking about Colin who may be behind this stuff with the will.

Here is that preview:

Looking at that preview it also sounds like Lola might could be pregnant.

And here are some spoilers next week from the Zap2it website:

Nick will consider a career change, Kyle and Lola will get a reality check, Jack will protect the Abbot legacy and Chelsea will swallow her pride. Amanda will also let her guard down with Nate. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Well, at least it looks like the will nonsense is indeed a scam, but these fakeouts using off-screen characters would seem to draw attention to all of the missed opportunities to expand the Chancellors (and strengthen Devon’s family ties). We know the show has neither the budget nor the interest in doing so.

• Members

i already know what's gonna happen with Victor/Victoria without even having to tune in - Vic will more than likely do something bts to make Newman Enterprises take a hit financially, so he's gonna be "forced" to return to Newman as CEO to restore faith, and a few weeks will go by and everyone is gonna find out and be mad at Victor, etc. Victoria is gonna quit and go work for... wait for it... either Dark Horse or with Abby at The Grand Phoenix. lol 

• Members

According to the recap tomorrow from soaps.com

Devon will tell Elena that he talked to Tucker's assistant and that things have gotten weird with Tucker. Tucker has reportedly has gone off on some spiritural journey after complaining about the negative effects of technology. Devon tells Elena that Tucker left no instructions for the company and it's facing a meltdown.

This is the third man in recent months that the show has done strange stuff with offscreen, in order to try and push a story. First Chance got arrested for assault and was allegedly involved in acts like money laundering offscreen. And is now being mentioned as a connection to this will, but is nowhere to be found. Now Tucker has issues with technology and has gone on a spiritual journey and has abandoned his company. IMO, this is some cheap writing. A lot of this stuff doesn't make sense but if Josh is going to write it, at least some of this stuff should be playing out on screen. 

Also Kyle will be yelling at Lola tomorrow about her thinking that Theo wants to change. He will tell Lola to stay away from him. Summer will also tell Theo she deserves better than him, when he say she wants to better himself for her. It does seem like the show is setting up a quad with these four and Kyle and Lola also talk about having kids on tomorrow's show. I could see Lola being or maybe ending up pregnant.